Social Networking Websites and software which promote online social interaction - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:54 AM
TAZ Rookie

nextgenseo is on a distinguished road
Default Social Bookmarking?
Do social bookmarking is useful for freelancer (my website in my signature) website?. Please let me know what you guys say
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Tragamin is on a distinguished road
Yes, I find that including buttons for social bookmarking on Digg, StumbleUpon, del.icio.us, and others can be useful on any kind of website you want to bring more people to.

It's definitely better for sites which have a strong community input, such as blogs or news sites with comments, so you have many pages that can be of interest separately and thus individually bookmarked.

Anyway, many people use these social bookmarking platforms primarly to keep their favorite websites available everywhere they go, so if you think your site can be thought of as a useful resource they will visit more or less oftenly, it's best to consider people might want to bookmark it that way.

In short, I believe social bookmarking buttons can be useful for any page that you believe people will want to visit/consult more than once, but that's just my opinion.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:02 AM
TAZ Rookie

sam1 is on a distinguished road
Yes i think its a great way of bringing traffic to your site, and a freelancing site is a good topic so it shud work for you.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:49 AM
TAZ Rookie

John11 is on a distinguished road
Default suggestion
it is easiest way to getting good links
social boookmarking is is good for our sites
Old 11-13-2008, 05:34 AM
TAZ Rookie

roblas05 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Social Bookmarking is useful for websites. From social bookmarking sites we can get good back links and traffic also.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 AM
TAZ Rookie

will123 is on a distinguished road
Yes, definetly it helps. It's best way to getting lots of traffic to site.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 AM
TAZ Rookie

pavan6993 is on a distinguished road
Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of metadata, typically in the form of tags that collectively or collaboratively become a social tagging.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 AM
TAZ Rookie

pooja84 is on a distinguished road
Yes definitely it will help. There will be good amount of traffic on your site.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:12 AM
TAZ Rookie

cg3512 is on a distinguished road
It also depends on the type of traffic you receive. A sight about retirement living may have fewer people on MySpace or FaceBook.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Computer Technician

Admin Experience: Advanced
lllAE86lll is on a distinguished road
Social Bookmarking its always good to bring yourself as much traffic as u can
Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM
TAZ Regular

carlowen is on a distinguished road
Yes, when it comes to traffic, you can fetch a lot of traffic from a Social Networking website but you should make sure that you communicate with people on the Social bookmarking website. Most of the people fail to communicate with people and hence are not able to get traffic from the Social Networking websites
Old 05-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Intermediate
googleguru is just really nicegoogleguru is just really nice
Social bookmarking helps you to get good and related traffic. Apart from that it will give you valuable inbound links.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 AM
TAZ Rookie

agiup is on a distinguished road
yeah bookmarking really helps you and get a good traffic.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
TAZ Regular

Some of the Social Bookmarking websites also gives your website a Do Follow link. If your website gets a Do Follow Link from the Social Bookmarking website then your website gets 2 benefits. First, your website will get more Traffic. Second, the Do Follow link your website will get will be considered as a Backlink by Search Engines which can help your website to get better rankings in the Search Engines.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
The Ancient Dragon

Admin Experience: Advanced
Alex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant futureAlex. has a brilliant future
I usually select sites and or links of interest. Especially if it's something that I know that hasn't been done to death with. If you're looking for an all around bookmarking tool and you don't want to clutter your site or forum up with, you could use the following tool. It's pretty handy.

http://www.addthis.com/

I think I'll be making a tutorial on how to install it on vB or IPB soon. Possibly other forums as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 PM
TAZ Regular

RSS Feed is a good option to Bookmark your Website link. Most of the Social Bookmarking websites do have this option. You will only have to Register the Domain name of your website and your website updates will be Added on the Social bookmarking website.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:02 AM
TAZ Rookie

beverly11kit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgenseo View Post
Do social bookmarking is useful for freelancer (my website in my signature) website?. Please let me know what you guys say
Of Course Yes..

If you look around the internet at some Blogs, you will see a button saying something like "Digg this" or "Delic.io.us" etc. These are shortcuts to some of the 46 plus "Social Book Marking" sites that have sprung up all over the internet. If you have ever wondered what those are or why they are there read on.

What a Social Bookmarking site is about is telling other members what you have seen, liked and why you liked it, on the internet. They are extremely popular right now, so they are a SEO dream.

If you draw the attention of the community, enormous traffic will be sent to your site. even if you don't you will come across the few that will like what you have and poke around your website. The bookmarks can be categorized in virtually any topic, so you wont be sending people looking for something totally unrelated to your site.

I have mentioned in prior articles the importance of building links to your site. Each post on these Social Bookmarking sites counts as a link to you.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 AM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Beginner
MarcyOne is on a distinguished road
Default it helps
definitely it can help your site to get traffic as well as backlinks. You just need to be knowledgeable in choosing your keyword for the particular page you wanted to bookmark because it is the key to getting visitors. Users key-in keywords to look for topics, products, services, etc.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:16 PM
TAZ Regular

Even if you do not get a "Do Follow" backlink for your website from the Social Bookmarking website then too you shouldn't be worried about it as you are still getting Traffic for your website. Also, if your website content is present in Social Bookmarking websites then the Popularity of your website increases and hence the Visitors will start Trusting your website which will help you to make a Brand name for your website which is indeed very important in Online Business.

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Social Networking