Getting Started Discussions about Planning an Online Community - Privacy Policies - Terms of Service - Targeting Niche - Demographics.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
Hangman is just really niceHangman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by might_be_giants View Post
I don't understand.

Why are you forcing me to go to your own forum to "put my case" (whatever that means) just to find out some examples of a charter you say fifty other sites are using?

Why can't you list them here? I just want to see how it works on a busy board. The way you're acting anyone would think that you're purposely avoiding the question because no one's using your charter!

You're very odd!!!!!! But if you won't tell me, I'll start a thread here and see if there's any posters here using the charter.

There is a considerable amount discussion of the charter within this thread. Whilst it may not answer your question in a direct manner, it may explain other's problems with it.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Tazmanian

I've merged the two threads into just this one, as I feel this is sufficiant.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Admin Experience: Intermediate
annakey is just really niceannakey is just really nice
Quote:
I don't understand.

Why are you forcing me to go to your own forum to "put my case" (whatever that means) just to find out some examples of a charter you say fifty other sites are using?

Why can't you list them here? I just want to see how it works on a busy board. The way you're acting anyone would think that you're purposely avoiding the question because no one's using your charter!

You're very odd!!!!!! But if you won't tell me, I'll start a thread here and see if there's any posters here using the charter.

At a rough guess it's sixty or seventy now. You're a darling!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:55 PM
TAZ Regular

might_be_giants is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakey View Post
At a rough guess it's sixty or seventy now. You're a darling!
Why thankyou.

But could you return the favor and show me where these some of these forums are please?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:58 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
There is a considerable amount discussion of the charter within this thread. Whilst it may not answer your question in a direct manner, it may explain other's problems with it.
I was hoping I could get to see some of the forums she claims are using the charter because I was interested in seeing it in action but I'm beginning to think she might be making it all up now.

Has she ever posted up links to any other sites using her charter here?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
I was hoping I could get to see some of the forums she claims are using the charter because I was interested in seeing it in action but I'm beginning to think she might be making it all up now.

Has she ever posted up links to any other sites using her charter here?

She is actually a he I don't think annakey is misleading you on this one, and I don't see the problem with him posting up any links/information regarding charter users, unless there are particular privacy deals which have taken place.

It's up to him Bullying him into posting them won't help
Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
It's up to him Bullying him into posting them won't help
I'm not bullying him (whoops- sorry!) but I find it strange that he should go on and on about what a success his charter is with all these other forums, but then refuse to name a single one that's actually using his system!!

That's why I started a thread to ask if anyone here was using it, but you unfortunately got rid of it, which I thought was bit unfair.

Are there any other preset charters or sets of rules I can look at here?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
That's why I started a thread to ask if anyone here was using it, but you unfortunately got rid of it, which I thought was bit unfair.
It was simply duplicate content. You'd asked your question within this thread. Why not simply hop over to TI and find all the information you require over there?

Registration only take two ticks, and it's not like you're forced to go back
Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
I'm not bullying him (whoops- sorry!) but I find it strange that he should go on and on about what a success his charter is with all these other forums, but then refuse to name a single one that's actually using his system!!

I'm just pleased you're interested. Indeed, there's a new edition hot off the press. By all means take a look, print it off, laminate it and read in the bath.

Turbo Island Charter

Quote:
Loads. Do some searches. But none comes close to the infamous TurboIsland Charter...

Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
it's not like you're forced to go back
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
It was simply duplicate content. You'd asked your question within this thread. Why not simply hop over to TI and find all the information you require over there?
Because I don't like being bullied into going to forums I don't want to go to!!! If someone's talking about something here then it's reasonable to expect them to talk to me here too!!!!

Besides, I took a look at his Turbothingy a couple of times a while ago and every time there was no one on it!!!! (no, I tell a lie. I was there once and there was one other poster there!).

Anyway, I just did a search for other sites using his charter by typing in parts of his text and guess how many I found? None!

I think he's pulling the wool over my eyes about his success!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
Because I don't like being bullied into going to forums I don't want to go to!!! If someone's talking about something here then it's reasonable to expect them to talk to me here too!!!!

Besides, I took a look at his Turbothingy a couple of times a while ago and every time there was no one on it!!!! (no, I tell a lie. I was there once and there was one other poster there!).

Anyway, I just did a search for other sites using his charter by typing in parts of his text and guess how many I found? None!

I think he's pulling the wool over my eyes about his success!

Shall I visit your forum to discuss it? We could book an appointment now. Have you your filofax handy? What's your url?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakey View Post
Shall I visit your forum to discuss it? We could book an appointment now. Have you your filofax handy? What's your url?
Stop trying to bully me off this site please.

If you don't want people here to talk about your amazingly successful charter, then stop bragging about it and going on and on and on about it.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
I don't think he is bullying you off the site, I think he just doesn't want to discuss it here.

Maybe take it to the Personal Messenger system?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
If you don't want people here to talk about your amazingly successful charter, then stop bragging about it and going on and on and on about it.
I've not been going on and on and on about the Turbo Island Charter. You have. I'm grateful.

Quote:
But I hope you become a regular poster. Not least owing to your desire to publicise the Turbo Island Charter. I think you're super.

might_be_giants
Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Tazmanian

Rockatteer is a name known to allRockatteer is a name known to allRockatteer is a name known to allRockatteer is a name known to all
Quote:
I think that's a perfectly far comment. The discussion about the charter is on this forum, from the discussion there was a question raised, so one would expect the question to also be answered on this this forum, if not publicly then at least in a PM, unless its a clever little ploy to get more members signing up on turbo island.

You never know... Annakey's a clever little bugger some times
Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 AM
TAZ Regular

sena is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think he just doesn't want to discuss it here.
true, it's very rare for him to even bring up the topic of the charter here, let alone enter into discussions on it

i've stopped asking him about it since his imlicit/informal attempts at censorship on the issue towards me a few months ago (by claiming it was boring other posters - an odd claim to make, given that this site and the thread in particular is for discussion on these types of areas, and his lack of previous concern about posters being bored about discussion of his train-set)

for the poster who is querying annakey, perhaps a request to view the mintues of the last Charter AGM (or at least the invite list) may answer some of his/her questions, i'd presume it would be in the spirit of the charter to publicise and circulate such things to as wide an audience of digital communities as possible
Old 01-30-2008, 03:48 AM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena View Post
true, it's very rare for him to even bring up the topic of the charter here, let alone enter into discussions on it
But I've just been accused of:

Quote:
bragging about it and going on and on and on about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena View Post
train-set

*We ALL got Turbo Island Charters!*
Old 01-30-2008, 04:37 AM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockatteer View Post
I think that's a perfectly far comment. The discussion about the charter is on this forum, from the discussion there was a question raised, so one would expect the question to also be answered on this this forum, if not publicly then at least in a PM, unless its a clever little ploy to get more members signing up on turbo island.
It's true that he must be desperate for new members. I've never seen more than one person on his site!!!

It is odd for him to go on and on about the charter here, post up huge screen grabs and tell everyone what a fantastic success it is, but then refuse to reveal any examples of it in use!!!!

To be honest, after this discussion I don't believe there's seventy sites using his system. In fact, I don't believe there's any, but annakey can prove me wrong and send me a PM with some examples and I promise I'll keep it private!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 AM
Charter? What Charter?

I'm sorry mighty but you're not going to get your way. The Turbo Island Charter is a rich delicacy best consumed in small portions. Like caviar or Marks & Spencer trifle. I'm not going to stuff the poor denizens of TAZ like Christmas turkeys. Haven't you heard the phrase 'less is more'? Besides, Turbo Island is so busy today my efforts must be directed there. Do come over mate!

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Managing an Online Community > Getting Started