Getting Started Discussions about Planning an Online Community - Privacy Policies - Terms of Service - Targeting Niche - Demographics.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Charter? What Charter?

Admin Experience: Intermediate
annakey is just really niceannakey is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sena View Post
i think you've demonstrated that you are clearly reticent to answer questions on, or discuss areas of, this 'charter' that have not been initiated & framed by yourself in the context that you want and feel comfortable on - that's fine, it speaks volumes in itself and indicates, to me, that there's not much more value to be had in continuing with this.

good luck with your charter though and hope the next AGM goes well
What I've shown is I won't answer your questions unless you answer mine. This message board thingy’s a two way street. I actually wrote a response to your 26-11-07 11:41 PM post some days ago. It's sitting on a hard-drive waiting for you to take part in a debate, a free and mutual exchange of ideas, as opposed to you undertaking an interrogation. But it’s great you’ve shown an interest in the Charter, and I'm flattered that fully 100% of your TAZ posts are devoted to it. Most kind. Good luck matey.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 AM
TAZ Regular

sena is on a distinguished road
sorry, what you've shown is that you won't answer difficult questions about your charter, full stop (or at least without a completely unnecessary amount of cajoling)

you moaned that i hadn't answered your questions, so i answered your questions, then asked for you to answer mine and you still refused. now whether you agreed with my answers or not, found the logic faulty, or the analysis flawed, that's all irrelevant, i answered your questions honestly based on my own view of things. Also it's interesting to note that your response to me not answering questions from you (even though i did) leads to an accusation that i am not taking part in the two way flow of debate, yet when i bring up the subject of you not answering questions of mine (which you didn't) is met with a claim that i'm undertaking an interrogation of you

the impression that i take away from this is that you're just hiding behind any old excuse, and poor ones at that, to avoid answering questions which, if done, would damage the credibility and mantle of this so called charter
Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Charter? What Charter?

I just think it's sweet of you to be so keen on the Charter. Thank you. Anytime you experience the urge to answer my questions, feel free.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 AM
TAZ Regular

which questions have you asked me (prior to the 26/11/07 where my last question to you was asked and to date remains unanswered) that remain unasnwered?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Charter? What Charter?

You've yet to respond to this one. No rush mate.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:50 AM
TAZ Regular

asked by you on the 30th November, why should i answer that when you havn't even attempted to address the questions i asked you on the 26th November

(normally i wouldn't take such an anal approach, however you steadfastly refused to answer my questions until ones asked by you at an earlier date had been answered so not sure what gives you the right to demand such a strict chronological answering regime from others yet fail to comply with it yourself)
Old 12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Charter? What Charter?

I wouldn't dream of demanding anything from you. I'm far too touched that 100% of your TAZ posts are still devoted to the TI Charter. You're a darling. I just hope others aren't getting bored. It's possible to have too much of a good thing.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
TAZ Regular

why now the sudden concern for the potential for people here being bored about discussion of your 'charter'? from a scan of your posts here it's not something that's appeared to have troubled you in the past

as i said above, it appears that it's only you who is allowed to define or frame the context around which discussion relating to this charter takes place within, any attempt to move outwith your safety area with regards to this is met with rather disparaging remarks about how the person asking the questions is boring the rest of the community (i've seen this approach before on discussion forums, it's a classic manuvere to avoid answering questions, first we have the 'i'm not answering yours till you answer mine' then when that can't be hidden behind anymore it moves onto the 'this is boring others, let's move on')

why bring the 'charter' up at all if you clam up when somebody asks a few questions about it?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
Hangman is just really niceHangman is just really nice
Guys, can you make sure you actually have something to add to the discussion, instead of deflecting the questions. There is well over a page of 'wasted time' here so it's starting to sound like a politician's convention

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:37 PM
TAZ Regular

no probs, if annakey wants to avoid the questions i'll leave you all to it
Old 12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena View Post
no probs, if annakey wants to avoid the questions i'll leave you all to it
Please don't go. Or at least post about something other than the TI Charter. OK, free speech and all that, and it's a document to be proud of, but it's not the be-all and end-all of the universe. There’s plenty of other good stuff on TAZ.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 AM
TAZ Rookie

tallchris99 is on a distinguished road
How is the so called right of appeal mentioned in your charter excercised with regard to bannings? Given your habit of banning people by their IP address how are they to appeal anna?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 PM
TAZ Regular

might_be_giants is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakey View Post
I'd say roughly 30 forums have adopted bits of it or have been guided by it.
Hello, I'm interested in starting a new site and this charter might help me set the rules.

I've looked on your site but there doesn't seem to be many users so I can't see the charter in action, so to speak.

Could you post up the internet addresses some of these other forums that are using your charter so i can see how they're using it?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM
TAZ Regular

Hello annakey. Could you give me some addresses of these websites that have adopted your charter please because I'd like to see how it works in 'real life.'

Could you show me some threads where your charter mark has been handed out as well please. I'd love to see how posters have reacted and how the forum reacted.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Best to come over to Turbo and ask these questions.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:05 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Best to come over to Turbo and ask these questions.
Whatever for?

You told everyone here about others forums using your charter so why should I have to go off to your forum just to get my answer?

If you don't want to talk to people about your charter, why post here and boast about it?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Charter? What Charter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by might_be_giants View Post
Whatever for?

You told everyone here about others forums using your charter so why should I have to go off to your forum just to get my answer?

If you don't want to talk to people about your charter, why post here and boast about it?
Because the Charter has a proven capacity to provoke huge rows among some forum bureaucrats. I don’t mind arguing with such people, but I like this site and don't see why TI related rows should occur on their bandwidth. Especially as people wanting to row about the Charter and related initiatives, or simply wanting further and better particulars, can pop over to Turbo and get it from the horse’s mouth. You’d be most welcome, particularly as you seem so keen. Is there a reason you want this information on TAZ bandwidth?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Charter? What Charter?

@ might_be_giants

Quote:
I'd say roughly 30 forums have adopted bits of it or have been guided by it.
Incidentally, I estimate the number's closer to fifty now. Many believe it makes sense to give members common-sense rights against PM snooping, cyber-abusers and copyright theft. But should you favour such activities, by all means put your case on Turbo Island.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:31 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Incidentally, I estimate the number's closer to fifty now. Many believe it makes sense to give members common-sense rights against PM snooping, cyber-abusers and copyright theft. But should you favour such activities, by all means put your case on Turbo Island.
I don't understand.

Why are you forcing me to go to your own forum to "put my case" (whatever that means) just to find out some examples of a charter you say fifty other sites are using?

Why can't you list them here? I just want to see how it works on a busy board. The way you're acting anyone would think that you're purposely avoiding the question because no one's using your charter!

You're very odd!!!!!! But if you won't tell me, I'll start a thread here and see if there's any posters here using the charter.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 PM
TAZ Regular

Default Is anyone using annakey's charter please?
Hi
I'm looking to start my own forum and was interested in the Charter that annakey wrote here
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43224

She says that fifty sites are using her system, but she refuses to name any of them, insisting that I go to her site and "put my case"!

I find that very odd, plus I'm only interested in posting here, so I thought I'd ask the good folks here is any of them are using her system and if they could explain its benefits and drawbacks to me.

I've run a little forum in the past but it quickly got busy and I had some horrible problems with some posters turning nasty.

annakey claims that her charter is great for getting rid of such posters, but her site is very very quiet so I'd like to see it on a busy site with lots of posters.

If any one's using this charter, could they please post up their web adress so I can see it in action please!!

Thank you

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Managing an Online Community > Getting Started