Increasing Traffic Promotional Techniques To Fill Up Those Member Lists.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 AM
TAZ Regular

soultrader is on a distinguished road
Default Paid posting service
Cany anyone recommend a good paid posting service? Thank you
Old 09-06-2006, 04:48 AM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Guru
ishan is on a distinguished road
Paid posting in the sense . Are you going to pay for posts at your forum??
Or are you going to post in exchange of money
Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 AM
TAZ Regular

Pay for posts in my forum.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Master Admin

comperr is on a distinguished road
You really shouldn't, it is a waste of money, but the forum elves are supposed to be good.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
Mellow.zip is on a distinguished road
http://www.thetradepoint.com
there pretty good.
why dont you just do a post exchange?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
TAZ Regular

post exchanges are usually very poor in quality.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Tazmanian

mmelen is on a distinguished road
Please refer to http://paidpostingreviews.com
Over 400 Posters. Make Your Own Prices and Instructions. Active Account Video.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Tazmanian

Cory will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrader
post exchanges are usually very poor in quality.
Exactly. Thus, paid posting may be a better choice to go with when you are in need of good, quality content. This is where you'll need to find a reliable paid posting service if you are in need of the good, quality content as they supposedly guarantee you just that. Once I get some extra money I think I will be going with Forum Elves as a paid posting service, their reliability seems to be good, and I have heard some good comments about them. Hopefully it will give my board just what I need, and what most people should be looking for; good, quality content.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:17 PM
TAZ Regular

I might go with forum fairy, but once again I feel like I can add content on my own. What do you think? Is it more attractive when multiple members post content or just myself (1 user) posting a ton of content.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
What do you think? Is it more attractive when multiple members post content or just myself (1 user) posting a ton of content.
My personal opinion, is that the staff (the admin specifically) should be the one's starting off their board with a good sack load of quality content, ecspecially content about the forums theme, or (if needed) the forum rules users will need to attend. I have an InvisionFree service/resource board and what I am trying to build up and offer at the moment is good articles for our articles section, seeing as our board is still fairly new I like to share some of my work so member's will get a general incite of what we have to offer.

Continually posting without other's, including your members posting seems to distract some from what I've seen, but posting a good amount of good, quality content is a good way to start your board off in my opinion. I think it's really based on one's opinion, I would have to have a paid posting service come to my board, instead of me continually posting content, this is just the way I am though.

I'm probably not the best one to be asking this question though seeing as I've always been in the area of seriousness, and professionalism when I post on online community's, why I am this way on the Internet, and not in real life? I don't know really, I've always tended to sound this way on the Internet from what others have said.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:39 AM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Beginner
carjamlangley is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

I recently purchased a paid posting company called outbox about a month and a half ago and it has been quite a ride since!

I wanted to put my 2 cents in to say that paid posting does work. I know it works because many of the forum owners outbox has worked with come back for more. In the short period of time that I have been involved with outbox, I have had many forum owners tell me they are getting more and more new members, that they are seeing the snowball take effect.

I have found these things to be essential for paid posting to really get a forum going:
  • The writers should have solid English skills and have an interest & background in the topic. When the writer is interested in the subject they tend to write longer & more interesting posts. When the writer is knowledgeable in the subject then even short, one line posts, can get right to the point and provide a very useful answer or comment.
  • Don't expect a brand new forum to get going with a basic package from a paid posting company. It won't work. The basic package should be used as a trial to see if you like the quality of the posts. If you like them, and you have a brand new forum, then you should go with a monthly agreement of some sort. Ask the company privately for a deal. They will be more than happy to work with you.
  • If you want this to work then do your homework and understand that not all paid posting companies are created equal. It takes WORK to do this...I KNOW!!!! Properly managed campaigns take a lot of care and dedication for both the writers and the manager. I am amazed at how low the market prices are for these services considering how much effort is put into them. I really think that prices are driven down because of all the trashy paid posting companies out there. They give the entire paid posting community a bad name. PROTECT YOURSELF: Do not just jump on a site and send money. Contact the owner of the company first, through email or through the site's contact form. Ask the owner a few questions about the service. If you don't have any questions then make some up. Basically you want to see how quickly he/she responds to you. 24 hours is great, 48 hours is acceptable, but do be more forgiving if it is the weekend. Once that test has been passed then buy the basic package and participate in the campaign yourself. It helps the posters out and you will get a good feel for the quality.

Ah, hope I didn't just kill this thread by posting an essay.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Tazmanian

ILTK is on a distinguished road
Wow you'r lucky you actually got what you paid for then, outbox basically shafted me, posted about 40 posts out of the 700 I paid for, took my money and never answered any emails, not even the paypall dispute emails.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:52 PM
TAZ Rookie

ILTK,

The previous owner had a very serious situation which was out of his control that prevented him from working for a time. That was probably when you ordered. I am very glad I have found you through this forum! I'll send you a PM so we can arrange a refund, or, if you would like, we can start working on your forum.

Last edited by carjamlangley; 09-16-2006 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-16-2006, 04:48 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTK
Wow you'r lucky you actually got what you paid for then, outbox basically shafted me, posted about 40 posts out of the 700 I paid for, took my money and never answered any emails, not even the paypall dispute emails.
I saw your posts regarding this so I went with forumfairy.

I decided to go a custom package. Minimum 50 words per post 275 replies and 75 threads for $130. Im hoping to some some results with this.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
TAZ Rookie

Wishing you the best with your forum, soultrader. Feel free to contact me if you ever want to give outbox a try.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Tazmanian

Thanks for sharing, carjamlangley. You have given me (us) some good ideas I may want to experiment with. I think I am going to go to the different paid posting services and ask them a few questions, all the same (for each paid posting service), from there I will try to possibly eliminate the one's that I do not feel as impressed, or satisfied with, on top what they have to offer. Good ideas for pre-planning.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Tazmanian

ILTK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjamlangley
ILTK,

The previous owner had a very serious situation which was out of his control that prevented him from working for a time. That was probably when you ordered. I am very glad I have found you through this forum! I'll send you a PM so we can arrange a refund, or, if you would like, we can start working on your forum.
PM'ed you back.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:51 AM
TAZ Rookie

Cory, Glad you got something out of my ramblings.

ILTK, Thanks for the PM.

For the record,
it looks like the problem started during the transition of the outbox ownership. ILTK was never given my contact information and so I didn't know of the problem and he didn't know to contact someone other than the previous owner. We are working out a solution.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:59 AM
TAZ Rookie

colochris is on a distinguished road
I might give inbox a try too, but I wish there was a trial package like 4.95 like some of the other sites
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Master Admin

comperr is on a distinguished road
I still say that it is a wate of money. If all your posts come from paid posting then you don't ahve a good forum. and If you don't use them and no one comes, then you have a bad forum.
In either case you have a bad forum, just spend the money making it better.

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Increasing Traffic