Members & Staff Managing Members and Staff - Building Community Spirit.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:12 AM
TAZ Rookie

treezie is on a distinguished road
Default Setting up a Beauty Pageant
Hello all,

Our team is in the midst of setting up a beauty pageant. However problematic running the competition is, it seems to be a popular thing in this little niche I'm competing in. I'm running vb-gallery to host the pictures of the 50 or so competitors. But I want to ask, what would be the most efficient and fair way to do the voting? There are 50 competitors and I want my members to be able to vote for atleast 2 people in the first round. I've thought of just manually making a thread and having the people post up their choices...but that is too time consuming for us admins to have to count and verify that the poster only posted once. What do you figure to be the most efficient way of doing this voting system?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Guru
AzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond repute
Add a poll to a thread - you can make it multiple selection and can check via the admincp who has voted where.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Nissan / Infiniti guru

Admin Experience: Advanced
NICOCLUBcom will become famous soon enough
Need judges?

Old 05-19-2006, 02:29 PM
TAZ Rookie

treezie is on a distinguished road
Nicoclubcom,

hahah trust me....the quality of the pageant aint all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzhriaLilu
Add a poll to a thread - you can make it multiple selection and can check via the admincp who has voted where.
Thanks but is there a way to control how many choices a user makes? I only want them to pick a maximum of 2 for the first round.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Guru
AzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond repute
You run vb? I think you said you did - it could be worth popping over to vbulletin.org and seeing what they've got in the way of mods for the poll area - there may be something to suit you there. Failing that, you could always make a request to one of the coders there and see if they'd do something for you... sometimes they're nice like that

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Managing an Online Community > Members & Staff