General Programming Discussions Discuss Various Programming Languages Used In Website Management.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Rent This Space...

Admin Experience: Guru
MMM is just really niceMMM is just really nice
Default ascii code for dot?
Does anyone know what the ascii code is for a solid dot (not a period, a solid dot)? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Tazmanian

Sarah has a spectacular aura about
Like a bullet point?
http://www.nationalfinder.com/html/char-asc.htm

EDIT: I tried putting the code, but it rendered into the bullet even when using the code tags. :| That link has it.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Rent This Space...

Ah.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

You are a God send Sarah! I looked all over for that, and none of the other sites listed it

Thanks again !
Old 04-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Tazmanian

Wayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to all
Use Character Map...

When you select a character it will show the code in the status bar. On the left it shows the hexidecimal to use it in unicode systems and on the right it shows the keystroke combination to use it. That Keystroke combination is what you want. Just take the 3 digits (drop the number) and place them after the hash sign. You can restrict the character set in Character Map to the basic ASCII characters by clicking "Advanced View" and setting the character set to Windows: Western.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Rent This Space...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Luke
Use Character Map... When you select a character it will show the code in the status bar. On the left it shows the hexidecimal to use it in unicode systems and on the right it shows the keystroke combination to use it.
I always thought that character maps were program specific. If we're working with IPB/vB templates how would we find them? Can you copy/paste them into code? Also, we're on a Mac, so there is no status bar to see keystrokes as far as we know
Old 04-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Tazmanian

Wayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to allWayne Luke is a name known to all
What I am referring to is an applet utility included with Windows called Character Map. It shows you every character in a selected font file. Fonts, at least the Truetype and Postscript varieties, are built in a specific way with the characters in a specific order regardless of the OS or application using them. The font specifications require that ASCII characters are the first 256 characters in the file to ensure that older applications will work with them even if they don't support Unicode.

If Apple doesn't include such a font utility, then I am sure there are third party individuals creating such software. It is very useful if I want to use alternative or image based fonts (i.e. Wingdings) for a project.

Admin Zone Forums > The Development Zone > General Programming Discussions