TAZ News & Information Announcements, News, etc, specific to The Admin Zone.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Admin Experience: Advanced
The Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Admin Extra Under New Management...
... Ours!

As you might have heard, TAZ purchased Admin Extra last year and took over management of the site last week. We're hoping to bring it back to it's former state of activity so check it out if you get the chance.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Tazmanian

bucket is a name known to allbucket is a name known to allbucket is a name known to allbucket is a name known to all
good luck with it.

curious, why did taking over management happen so long after the purchase?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Administrator

The Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond repute
When I purchased it from Lisa, our plan (as I understood it anyway) was to continue Admin Extra as it was under her management until we could merge it with TAZ, which we were planning to convert to XenForo. The developent stoppage at XenForo put our plans on hold. Now that XenForo 1.2 is on the horizon, the conversion of TAZ to XenForo is now an option.

In the meantime apparently, Lisa gradually became less and less involved with Admin Extra but she never made me aware of it - I guess she figured it didn't matter if we were just gonna merge it with TAZ. And I suppose she never would have sold it in the first place if she had the same feelings for it that she had when she founded it. Anyhow, it was on her server with her under her XF license and with her as lead admin until this week, when she requested that I formally take over the site.

In the process of transferring the site, I've decided to keep Admin Extra up and running as a separate site from TAZ whether we convert TAZ to XenForo or not. It's really got it's own identity and I want to keep it that way.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM

Admin Experience: Intermediate
meetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud of
Check this link guys

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...d.php?t=103388

The Sandman is offering double premium membership for posting. I am already there

Like our : Facebook Page | Twitter : @Latestgiveaway
Old 09-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Tazmanian

Darth_Apple is just really niceDarth_Apple is just really nice
Whoo, glad to see that it will be under new management and that it will remain a separate forum. Looking forward to seeing the Admin Extra community grow, and I plan on posting there in the near future.

Also, although this might be a bit off-topic, I wouldn't mind a xenforo-powered TAZ. :P
Old 09-24-2013, 06:24 AM

meetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud of
Hope you guys noticed the new changes. Lots of new features has been added.

Like our : Facebook Page | Twitter : @Latestgiveaway
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Tazmanian

Alfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to beholdAlfa1 is a splendid one to behold
Is there any chance of AE getting merged with TAZ?
It would be nice to be able to browse all threads on one site.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Black Dragon

SMII7Y is a name known to allSMII7Y is a name known to allSMII7Y is a name known to allSMII7Y is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Is there any chance of AE getting merged with TAZ?
It would be nice to be able to browse all threads on one site.
No. Howard hasn't merged them because he believes that they are two different communities with slightly different purposes, and that merging them would end what is a really good forum.

Admin Zone Forums > The Admin Zone > TAZ News & Information