Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > vBulletin

vBulletin Discuss vBulletin.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Mopar1973Man is a glorious beacon of lightMopar1973Man is a glorious beacon of lightMopar1973Man is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mopar1973Man.Com is jumping over the vB / IPB fence.
Well gang...

I finally gone and done it I bailed out of the vBulletin 4 and jumped over the fence to IPB software. It's been real and its been fun but it hasn't been really fun. Time to move on...
Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
we_are_borg is a name known to allwe_are_borg is a name known to allwe_are_borg is a name known to allwe_are_borg is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man View Post
Well gang...

I finally gone and done it I bailed out of the vBulletin 4 and jumped over the fence to IPB software. It's been real and its been fun but it hasn't been really fun. Time to move on...
Sorry to see you go but its not really unexpected anymore that people leave the vBulletin scene.

Can you explain in detail why you choose for IPB and why you wanted to migrate.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Guru
Mark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to behold
Good luck with your move...unless you get a decent skin you may find resistance from users. vB users seem not to like IPB's general look, they seem to prefer XF to IPB. Decent skin gets round it though.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Now marksman like

Admin Experience: Intermediate
DemOnstar is a name known to allDemOnstar is a name known to allDemOnstar is a name known to allDemOnstar is a name known to allDemOnstar is a name known to allDemOnstar is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man View Post
Well gang...

Cheers Mike, it was fun but not really. Now it's history, enjoy it..

I am sure you won't be the last..

Rather saddening if I have to tell the truth..
Old 12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Elder Member

Admin Experience: Beginner
GTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to behold
His site is still running vB4. Ugh?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Tazmanian

Mark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to beholdMark.B is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
His site is still running vB4. Ugh?
Well it's preferable to phpBB and worse still...ProBoards.

Ugh?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Elder Member

GTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to beholdGTB is a splendid one to behold
Nothing wrong with phpBB3, at least it's not bug ridden and unsupported like vB4 now. Did I read there are not even any developers working on vB4 these days, good luck with your board Mark, if vB4 is affectively EOL?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
Nothing wrong with phpBB3

Quote:
vB4 is affectively EOL
No it isn't.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Leader of Skooppa

s.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant futures.molinari has a brilliant future
Good luck with the migration.

Scott
-Sam Walton 1977-
Old 12-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Elder Member

So then Mark, are there any developers working on vB4 now? Simply enough question to answer without you skipping around it, as I thought I read your mate admit nobody is working on it anymore.

Never mind, I guess you won't know the answer the that question seeing as you keep saying "you don't work for interet brands" on other forums like Admin Talk.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
So then Mark, are there any developers working on vB4 now? Simply enough question to answer without you skipping around it, as I thought I read your mate admit nobody is working on it anymore.

Never mind, I guess you won't know the answer the that question seeing as you keep saying "you don't work for interet brands" on other forums like Admin Talk.
Not quite. I don't know the answer because I work in support, not development.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Tazmanian

And also, shame on people for taking a thread started by a long term vB user, which SHOULD have been full of good luck messages and advice, and turning it into YET ANOTHER "isn't vB crap and we hate the corrupt staff" thread.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Admin

TrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.B View Post
And also, shame on people for taking a thread started by a long term vB user, which SHOULD have been full of good luck messages and advice, and turning it into YET ANOTHER "isn't vB crap and we hate the corrupt staff" thread.
Yes, shame on you and Gary.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
Yes, shame on you and Gary.
I'll hold my hands up, but to be fair I started with a proper post....others jumped in with other stuff and they I shamelessly joined in.....I can't help it with Gary, I just can't.....
Old 12-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Jim

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Wishing you the best of luck, hope the move is quick and painless.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Sinner

VICE is a splendid one to beholdVICE is a splendid one to beholdVICE is a splendid one to beholdVICE is a splendid one to beholdVICE is a splendid one to beholdVICE is a splendid one to beholdVICE is a splendid one to behold
I have two wishes:

1. All the best for the future to Moparman.
Though if I may ask a question, why not wait till IPB 4?

2. I wish Paul is here.
vB threads are less fun without him around.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Black Dragon

SMII7Y is a name known to allSMII7Y is a name known to allSMII7Y is a name known to allSMII7Y is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.B View Post
...I can't help it with Gary, I just can't.....
Then dont respond to his comment.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:42 PM
TAZ Regular

borbole is a jewel in the rough
You did the right thing imo to move away from the vb. I had a question though, what made you to choose Ipb over xenforo or another software?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XylonGaming View Post
Then dont respond to his comment.
That's the whole point....
Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Tazmanian

BamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud ofBamaStangGuy has much to be proud of
Why not wait to see what happens with IPB 4?

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > vBulletin