Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Social Networking

Social Networking Websites and software which promote online social interaction - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:28 PM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Advanced
cwjd is on a distinguished road
There was a great article in Fortune magazine about Facebook and its IPO telling investors to "do the math". I guess this is just a way in which FaceBook is trying to be profitable. I wonder if this will help or hinder it.

Ha, wouldn't it be hilarious if this extra advertising thing resulted in FB getting hit by Panda?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 PM
TAZ Rookie

bdrana021 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYuki View Post
There's ads on this board!?!

Oh wait! Adblock hides them all for me! Silly me! XD

It's not a big deal, this is agreed. Facebook already has ads, don't like it? get adblocking plugins, it's that simple because most websites have ads.

Oh no! This will be annoying, but I'll continue using Adblock+
Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 AM
TAZ Rookie

tdn0012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
What pisses me off about this isn't that they may start charging for ad-free, but that they'd actually try to patent that idea. Newsflash: You aren't the first ones to think of that, Facebook.
That is funny....it reminds me of some chris rock skit....where he talks about really rich people...you know....the guy who patented the color blue....it was that HBO skit where he spoke about Shaq not being rich....but the guy who scribbled his checks being the real rich guy.....

What you said here was my first initial thought. That doesn't seem like a new idea. It's amazing what our country has come to...the thing is... the guy who first coded it...probably didn't think it was such a patentable event so he didn't bother patenting it.....facebook has the money......

there is more money in patent protection....then there is in actual invention....

i knew a guy...who invented something slick....and went to get a patent...during the process a large company just argued that they were already were the inventor of such thing...(they were not)...but they have people staked out in the proper places like bird dogs who tip them off to fight.......he got stubborn and stupid...blew 200k on attorney fees and finally gave up.....if you mention it....he goes bonkers for 1/2 hour or more...

so companies can argue a patent that they don't even hold....just to be jerks...and protect their make believe turf.....

read that 2x....i think it's true...and sad frankly

so facebook has filed some 'make believe' patent...that was coded long ago....it's like in medicine....put an extra molecule on it....and it's 'xyz' drug...patent it...and print money....

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Social Networking