vBulletin Discuss vBulletin.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 PM
The Don

Admin Experience: Advanced
dilldogs is on a distinguished road
I have not used vb since 4 came out and seeing vb5 it looks like I will not use it longer! It is sad that they took this one time great software to such a low level. First the price of the software is really crazy and all the bugs is just over the top.
I remember when versions 3.3 through 3.8 came out is was great. Price was right and bugs was not to bad at the time of the release. Then out came 4.0 and boom the Price is through the roof and its infested with Bugs bugs. I will not use it again!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:42 AM
TAZ Regular

borbole is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallofFamer View Post
Many people said that Mark used to be a cynical critic for VB/IB before he became a support staff. Since then, he has been acting like 'In IB we trust' and 'I expect no less from IB'. I never confirmed this myself so I dont have an opinion right now, but if its true Id say the world never fails to amuse me.
Couldn''t agree more. I remember that one could hardly open a thread at the time when vb 4 was released, where MarkB would not be posting very strong comments flaming IB and vb 4. It got so bad that even those users who disliked vb 4 had enough of MarkB 's comments.

Now he is getting a paycheck from the same company he insulted left and right and when someone expresses his/her opinion about vb 5 he jumps down his/her throat and even deletes their posts. Personally I am not surprised because that was to be expected from someone whose opinion changed faster than you could say A.

If this is not hypocrisy then I do not know what it is. MarkB has 0 credibility left, it has been shot to pieces long time ago. No one is taking him seriously from what I have seen, nor at vb forums nor elsewhere. And he has only himself to blame for it. I agree with that user who said that he should crawl under a rock in the support forums and stay the hell out of the feedback forums.

Then vb support staff asks people to tone it down with their comments about vb 5 when they hired the biggest whinner there was and there will ever be. What is up with that?

I have always being a strong supported of vb. But the recent events with the release of this piece of crap as a stable product and the recent behavior of some of the staff member there that threaten users with ban only because they express their opinion has become too much even for me. Not to mention the deleting of posts and their disgusting behavior towards standing members of the community there, like Scott Molinari and others.

How did it go so bad I do not know. But I really hope that things will turn around, although to be honest I do not see that happening anytime soon.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Common Sense Guru

Wolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to all
As much as I enjoy the downfall of vB/IB, and as much as I enjoy watching flapjacks getting smashed around, could we hold off on the attacks against Mark.B unless there is something substantial being pointed out? By that I mean, quoting something he said, either there or here, and then stating your disagreement with it, but in a respectful (or at least a non bashing) manner.

Just on this community alone, I've seen him do more flip-flops than a shoe store. But I'll either directly quote or at minimum try to reference something rather than try to be somewhat generalized.

Someone can argue against generalizations and should there be no proof presented, then it looks like an unfair bashing, and rightly so. But when specific incidents are presented, then at least he has an opportunity to present his side of the situation on it. Perhaps something was taken out of context or he misunderstood something and thus his response wasn't appropriate.

Summing it up, even I'm getting a little annoyed by his name being mentioned a lot, at least when there isn't something to refer to for what's going on.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 AM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
As much as I enjoy the downfall of vB/IB, and as much as I enjoy watching flapjacks getting smashed around, could we hold off on the attacks against Mark.B unless there is something substantial being pointed out? By that I mean, quoting something he said, either there or here, and then stating your disagreement with it, but in a respectful (or at least a non bashing) manner.

Just on this community alone, I've seen him do more flip-flops than a shoe store. But I'll either directly quote or at minimum try to reference something rather than try to be somewhat generalized.

Someone can argue against generalizations and should there be no proof presented, then it looks like an unfair bashing, and rightly so. But when specific incidents are presented, then at least he has an opportunity to present his side of the situation on it. Perhaps something was taken out of context or he misunderstood something and thus his response wasn't appropriate.

Summing it up, even I'm getting a little annoyed by his name being mentioned a lot, at least when there isn't something to refer to for what's going on.
It is not bashing when you call things like they are. And here is a link btw.

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...&postcount=103

His hypocrisy there is shown very clearly. And the comment made there by rmwebs was deleted btw. There are other examples too but it is not worth to go in further discussions about it.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Intermediate
AdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbole View Post
Couldn''t agree more. I remember that one could hardly open a thread at the time when vb 4 was released, where MarkB would not be posting very strong comments flaming IB and vb 4. It got so bad that even those users who disliked vb 4 had enough of MarkB 's comments.

Now he is getting a paycheck from the same company he insulted left and right and when someone expresses his/her opinion about vb 5 he jumps down his/her throat and even deletes their posts. Personally I am not surprised because that was to be expected from someone whose opinion changed faster than you could say A.

If this is not hypocrisy then I do not know what it is. MarkB has 0 credibility left, it has been shot to pieces long time ago. No one is taking him seriously from what I have seen, nor at vb forums nor elsewhere. And he has only himself to blame for it. I agree with that user who said that he should crawl under a rock in the support forums and stay the hell out of the feedback forums.

Then vb support staff asks people to tone it down with their comments about vb 5 when they hired the biggest whinner there was and there will ever be. What is up with that?
But according to a recent post of his here, he has:

Quote:
I have strict standards on this, if there's any doubt - back out.
What a joke.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Admin

TrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond repute
If Mark.B is a hypocrite then let people decide that for themselves and if they choose to view him as a hypocrite then let them. But constantly going after everything he says and posting personal attacks and snark? Is that really necessary or appropriate?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Intermediate
AdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant futureAdamD has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
If Mark.B is a hypocrite then let people decide that for themselves and if they choose to view him as a hypocrite then let them. But constantly going after everything he says and posting personal attacks and snark? Is that really necessary or appropriate?
Maybe not, but if he's jumping on people for attacking VB and claiming he has "strict standards", which is contrary to his behavior in the not so distant past, it kinda irks people who do have standards and morals.

In a similar fashion, if IB claim Vbulletin is the "Most powerful forum software", you just know people are going to jump on that with negativity, because it's untrue.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post

What a joke.
Indeed, a Joke with capital J
Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
The Don

dilldogs is on a distinguished road
What everyone needs to remember is its business and nothing else. Its doesn't matter if the customer is happy or not because when you buy it there is no refund and there will always be someone on the web that will buy their product!
At one time they had a great product. It was well priced, Great support and very stable but now this new company took it to the toilet. Now you can download a free forum software that looks better and does just as good of a job and that is a shame.
I will never pay the price they are asking for a forum software of this poor quality and poor service.

Last edited by dilldogs; 03-24-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Tazmanian

cheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud ofcheat_master30 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Its doesn't matter if the customer is happy or not because when you buy it there is no refund and there will always be someone on the web that will buy their product!
It does if most of your customers don't buy your future software. And eventually that 'infinite' pool of 'idiots' will run out, your reputation will eventually catch up to you. Mark my words, if vBulletin doesn't improve from vBulletin 5, it will lead to their ruin.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Common Sense Guru

Wolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to allWolfie is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheat_master30 View Post
It does if most of your customers don't buy your future software. And eventually that 'infinite' pool of 'idiots' will run out, your reputation will eventually catch up to you. Mark my words, if vBulletin doesn't improve from vBulletin 5, it will lead to their ruin.
It's not that the pool of idiots will run out. In fact, that pool will continue to exist, as some of those idiots will continue to recycle themselves.

No, it's that the pool will become thin enough that it will cost more to continue running the business than the money they are bringing in.

You know that saying, a fool and their money are soon parted? Well over looking the obvious (how did that fool come into the money to begin with), there are some who never learn their lesson. They blindly follow someone/something they have latched on to, no matter what happens. (I could bring up political examples, but I won't.) To use a couple of movies as an example.. "From Justin To Kelly" and "Shark Boy And Lava Girl".. There are actually people out there who LIKED one or both of those movies and actually PRAISE those movies. With the exception of those who have mental related excuses (they are exempt from ridicule), there really are people who don't realize what a waste of money, time and life those movies are.

So, keeping that in mind, there will ALWAYS be idiots buying what IB sells, at least until IB either goes kaput, or decides that the income isn't worth the effort anymore.

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > vBulletin