Old 05-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Judge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud of
Thanks for all the welcomes into the club! Can't wait to use it!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
Richard.R is a jewel in the rough
Have you learned the secret handshake yet?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Tazmanian

Judge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud of
No! Teach me!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Guru
AzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.R View Post
Have you learned the secret handshake yet?
Shhhhh, he hasn't had gone through the official inauguration process yet
Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Tazmanian

Yoshi88 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats, I'll be joining the club very soon hopefully
Old 05-11-2012, 10:43 AM
TAZ Regular

Omnikron has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the club and yes, Xenforo will rock your socks off. Have just one license currently and very happy to have made the move to it.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Oooh, something shiny!

KW802 is a splendid one to beholdKW802 is a splendid one to beholdKW802 is a splendid one to beholdKW802 is a splendid one to beholdKW802 is a splendid one to beholdKW802 is a splendid one to beholdKW802 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaStangGuy View Post
11 licenses

I'm only up to 6. Still need 4 more before I get to the next discount tier.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Tazmanian

I really wish I could think of something to start the new site on. (As far as topic goes.)
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Tazmanian

Richard.R is a jewel in the rough
A forum dedicated to helping people who have no ideas what to make/buy/create a forum/project/gift to buy? XD

While i'm joking.. thats an oddly good idea.lol
Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 AM
shiny happy pantless

gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy the goody Micro, new stuff's always fun!

gogo

p.s. If you're looking for something to make your forum about, how bout listing the stuff you're great at or love doing/writing? Shorlisting like this is a great way to put down on paper what has a chance of being successful. Good luck
Old 05-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Tazmanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblender View Post
Enjoy the goody Micro, new stuff's always fun!

gogo

p.s. If you're looking for something to make your forum about, how bout listing the stuff you're great at or love doing/writing? Shorlisting like this is a great way to put down on paper what has a chance of being successful. Good luck
Thanks gogo!

I'll give that a try!

What bothers me is that most of my hobbies are dominated by large forums.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 AM
shiny happy pantless

gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsuck View Post

What bothers me is that most of my hobbies are dominated by large forums.

Doesn't matter. What's important is to be honest about what you're going to stick to doing. If you're spending time on games, find an angle and work it.

My own forum is a gaming forum... my angle is that I focus on one game only.

List what you're doing the most every day, this is probably what you have the most expertise in and have highest chance of creating loyal readers from what you put up.

gogo
Old 05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblender View Post
Doesn't matter. What's important is to be honest about what you're going to stick to doing. If you're spending time on games, find an angle and work it.

My own forum is a gaming forum... my angle is that I focus on one game only.

List what you're doing the most every day, this is probably what you have the most expertise in and have highest chance of creating loyal readers from what you put up.

gogo
Thanks for the advice gogo!

I've got my mind set on soccer. I am a pretty big fan, and I was able to snag a really good domain in my opinion. I did some research and it seems there are a few relatively large soccer related boards, now some might say that there's too many to be successful. I disagree. If there are that many, then that means I have a chance.

Tell me what you think of the domain: talksoccer.org
Old 05-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Tazmanian

I am loving XenForo. The styling system was a little difficult, or maybe that's just because of my vB background. But I am getting the hang of it.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Tazmanian

AzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond repute
It's a quick study. If you can style for vB, you'll be able to pick up the XenForo system easily
Old 05-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Tazmanian

I hope so! I downloaded a theme and it was really discouraging as all the colors were specified in the templates, not the color palette, so I got rid of it as I didn't know what I was doing. Kind of wish I didn't though, now I know what I was doing wrong. Regardless, I like the theme I have now. I can customize it easily. The styling system is actually much easier than vB's. Just seems to take some getting used to.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Tazmanian

Try to keep all your edits inside your extra.css template - it makes life so much easier when upgrading
Old 05-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Tazmanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzhriaLilu View Post
Try to keep all your edits inside your extra.css template - it makes life so much easier when upgrading
How can I make edits to the forum using that? Do I just call the class and set it's parameters? Does that override the pre-existing templates?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Tazmanian

Well obviously extra.css is just for the css edits, which you'd be amazed at the things you can do. Some of the classes will need !important added to the css, but most of them will pull from extra.css instead of from the standard templates.

The added bonus is that your extra.css never gets overwritten during upgrades. On my sites, which both have completely custom styles, upgrading takes about 2 minutes - it takes us longer to upload the files than it does to clean anything up afterwards.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Tazmanian

Nice! Are you saying that I shouldn't use the color palette and instead should specify the colors in extra.css?

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > XenForo