Community Styling Give and receive help making a style for many types of software.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
TAZ Rookie

TxFootballCoach is on a distinguished road
Default My Theme
I've received some constructive criticism about theme being too dark and not very welcoming.

Any theme ideas or suggestions would be AWESOME. Thank you

www.txfootballcoaches.com
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Tazmanian

whocky has a spectacular aura about
For Me, The dark background with the green looks nice, though have to admit when coming to read your forum with the white text i have to agrre that it's hard to read and sends your eyes fuzzy.

I personally would just lighten the background up a little and see how it looks then.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 AM
TAZ Rookie

dhillis is on a distinguished road
hey guys...i'm the person who set up the forum. Thanks for the help and the tips. I am going to have to look through the template and find the colors. Shouldn't be to hard. Keep the info coming.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:33 PM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Advanced
CharlieDelta is a jewel in the rough
The colors are really nice actually but for me it doesn't fit your forum genre or topic.
If this was a XBox gaming forum then it would be perfect. I was confused when it first opened and I had to really look around to realize it was about football.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Tazmanian Gremlin

Admin Experience: Guru
wizard1974uk is a glorious beacon of lightwizard1974uk is a glorious beacon of lightwizard1974uk is a glorious beacon of light
I used to love dark themes, but as I'm getting older my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be. Black text on green and vice versa very difficult to read.

I agree with Cory, very "x-box" like. Maybe go with a darker green on the forum headers?

Also switch the black text with white.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Admin Experience: Intermediate
meetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud ofmeetdilip has much to be proud of
Personally, I prefer a bright Blueish theme. But the one you are using now will be likeable to many.

Like our : Facebook Page | Twitter : @Latestgiveaway
Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 AM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Advanced
Kelson64 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDelta View Post
The colors are really nice actually but for me it doesn't fit your forum genre or topic.
If this was a XBox gaming forum then it would be perfect. I was confused when it first opened and I had to really look around to realize it was about football.
Exactly. At first glance I thought it was another Xbox forum. This is a problem because there are about 2 million Xbox forums. You want to make your site stand out, not look like a lot of others. If possible, I would absolutely change the main color away from the Xbox green for sure.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
ApprenticeForums

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Preemo is just really nicePreemo is just really nice
Without sounding horrible, have you just installed a theme and stuck your logo in there?

I agree, it looks more like a gaming theme, if I were you, I'd look for something more along the lines of a white/light grey background and work from there - it just doesn't look like a football forum to me.

Also, your page title is txfootballcoaches.com - is that supposed to be like that? Wouldn't you prefer to have a more informative page title?

Good luck with your forum

Use promo code 25OFF for 25% off!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
TAZ Rookie

TxFootballCoach is on a distinguished road
Preemo...good call!

Admin Zone Forums > The Design Zone > Community Styling