Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > vBulletin

vBulletin Discuss vBulletin.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:57 PM
TAZ Regular

error47 is on a distinguished road
Default Need a CMS solution integrated into Vbulletin
I tried using the new CMS included with the new vb software but that was no good. So I tried vbadvanced cms system, but all that really does is link to your post in the forum on the front page, not much of an article. I am looking for something that would let me create good looking articles and integrate well with vbulletin. Any suggestions?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Mutt Man

Admin Experience: Advanced
Lycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't used it myself but I've heard that Wordpress hooked up to VB is pretty good.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 PM
TAZ Regular

That sounds interesting, but how do you get it to integrate with the design and all that?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Mutt Man

Admin Experience: Advanced
Lycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond repute
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vbpress/

Doesn't say what version of vbulletin it works with though.

http://www.lampwrights.com/showthread.php?t=41

Say's that it may work with version 4 but not by design. You might be able to adapt it to work if it doesn't.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 AM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Intermediate
usmanz is on a distinguished road
This may be very easy to do with Drupal's VB integration module

You can integrate vBulletin with Drupal which itself has a lot of features.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 PM
TAZ Regular

I'm looking for something that would make good looking articles. What I've got now is just showing a forum post on the home page, nothing special and it doesn't look good either.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Severe Weather Spotter

Admin Experience: Guru
Shawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to behold
Have you tried vbDynamics? (its a paid vbadvanced cms-type thing)

http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...fo&productid=7

$50 but its looks like it would work for you. Otherwise maybe wordpress but making the blog look exactly like your forum is going to be the tricky part unless you are a designer.

I also used to use MKPortal a lot back in the day, not to sure if they are still around or support vb for integration :-\

My Forums
Blogging Friends - A forum for bloggers specifically.
National Skywarn - Skywarn Storm Spotters Forum.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Tazmanian

Judge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud of
I had luck with WordPress, but quickly uninstalled it because I didn't like blogging.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Admin Experience: Beginner
PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Both my forums are Subdreamer CMS installs integrated with vBulletin. Example at http://JPiCForum.info for the subdreamer frontend - http://JPiCForum.info/forum/ for the vBulletin forum.

J.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Severe Weather Spotter

Admin Experience: Guru
Shawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to behold
I have seen subdreamer, its a nice portal as well but it still is a paid option correct?

My Forums
Blogging Friends - A forum for bloggers specifically.
National Skywarn - Skywarn Storm Spotters Forum.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Admin Experience: Beginner
PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Yup. SD is a premium (paid) CMS
Well worth the price though imo...

Old 05-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Tazmanian

IcEWoLF is a name known to allIcEWoLF is a name known to allIcEWoLF is a name known to allIcEWoLF is a name known to allIcEWoLF is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by error47 View Post
I tried using the new CMS included with the new vb software but that was no good. So I tried vbadvanced cms system, but all that really does is link to your post in the forum on the front page, not much of an article. I am looking for something that would let me create good looking articles and integrate well with vbulletin. Any suggestions?
Learn to start modifying the cms or hire someone to do it.
The CMS is a very powerful piece of software and it works for many people.

Look at this:
http://www.nationofblue.com/
http://www.united-forum.de/news/

That is VB CMS.
If you know what you are doing you can make it great.

You will have to hire a designer to make your front page look like your forums if you choose to go with a third party solution.

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > vBulletin