Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > TAZ Community Zone > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Drop In Here To Discuss Whatever You Want.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

  #21  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
NicoMoon NicoMoon is offline
TAZ Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
NicoMoon has a spectacular aura about
Default
Chiro,

Just for the record, if someone told me that their chiropractor had put them on a raw food diet, I would be just as upset with you as you are at PoetJC's docs.

It is just false for you to claim that a raw food diet is good for 100% of the population.
Complete starvation "works" for 100% of the population as a weight loss strategy too, but that doesn't mean it's good for anyone. You remind me of a doc I once saw for something completely unrelated who asked me if I'd like to lose weight. Being a normal American woman, of course I said I'd like to lose some weight. After going on and on and on about how grateful I was going to be to her for helping me to lose weight, she gave me her plan which was essentially to drink lemonade and eat nothing for two weeks. I laughed my heart out and told her no one needed to tell me that I could lose weight by starving myself. I told her to ingest nothing but lemonade for two weeks and get back to me.

There is science to weight loss and it has nothing to do with eating a raw food diet. Raw food can be extremely dangerous for people who have certain digestive problems, just for starters. I am one of those people who could land in the hospital if I tried to eat only raw foods. So you are incorrect in saying that a raw food diet is good for 100% of the population. And let's not even get into how insanely difficult and alienating it is for a person to attempt one.

I break food into two categories: Nutrition and drugs

We need the part of the food that is "nutrition" and that certainly includes raw foods, but also includes all forms of whole, unadulterated, unprocessed foods, lean proteins and high quality fats that nourish our bodies.

Processed foods that set off an insulin response are the "drugs". They are addictive and make us sick. And by the way, raw juices are extremely high in carbohydrates, empty of fiber, and therefore dangerous for anyone who is a food addict.

Additional pounds are only one symptom of a bad diet. There are a lot of sick skinny people, and healthy fat people. A more valid way of evaluating one's physical condition is by measuring muscle mass. If you have no muscle, you aren't healthy. If you are overweight by medical standards but have good muscle tone, you are healthy.

I do wish that the medical profession would cease trying to promote weight loss plans, because ultimately it's all about making money and not about healing people. Think of all the sick skinny people who are being ignored while they develop disease but no one things they have a problem because after all, they aren't fat.

Time to end the war on fat people.
  #22  
Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 PM
PoetJC's Avatar
PoetJC PoetJC is offline
Miss Thick_Jacq
 
Real Name: Black Betty.
Join Date: Jul 2006
Admin Experience: Beginner
Location: Somewhere Booping...
Posts: 5,994
PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoMoon View Post
Time to end the war on fat people.
Great post. Love the last line!

J.
__________________
JPiC Forum For Writers | Celebrating Diversity With The Typed Word
PoteQuotes.com | Home of Potent QuotablesCandiceFans.com | Schooling You in Soul


  #23  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Namorat Namorat is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Admin Experience: Beginner
Posts: 3,229
Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
Default
I have no idea how eating raw stuff should make you feel more energetic as the human body is able to extract and use energy much more effective from cooked meals than raw food.
Basically, what a study says I tend to believe in is that cooking meals made the growth of the human brain and therefore the whole development of the mankind possible and living on raw food has no real positive effect than eating less additional ingredients, which you could also avoid in other ways.
  #24  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:13 PM
TheChiro's Avatar
TheChiro TheChiro is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Admin Experience: Advanced
Location: My site
Posts: 718
TheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud of
Default
Here's where people have misconceptions on raw food. You have to be told how to eat it and if you are very unhealthy, you'll likely have to be taking digestive enzymes (and these are a MUST if you eat cooked food since all cooked food loses it's digestive enzymes due to the heating process). And there's the thing, raw foods are filled with digestive enzymes. Part of our sickness these days is we are LACKING digestive enzymes in our diet. We use up the body's stores for so long because all we know is eating cooked foods, and people like Eden who believe that the nutrients are more available through cooked foods. Nutrients are only part of the equation. Enzymes are a VERY big part of that equation and you are leaving those out when you cook your food. There's whole treatments based around digestive enzymes. One, in which I'm certified in, is Internal Health Specialist program. These use a very specific diagnoses system (stress points, urinanalysis, blood test, and sometimes hair) to figure out which enzymes your body is most depleted in and then getting you on those enzymes to help your body heal. As I said, if you are only look at nutrients and it's bio-availability, you are looking at part of the equation.

Secondly, I think I mentioned 51+% of the diet should be raw. Why? Because scientists have found that when you go over 50% of your diet is cooked, your body actually attacks these foods, leading to autoimmune diseases in many people. I think I mentioned that people need to be taught how to eat raw foods. The reason so many have problems with it is because they don't actually chew their food. We live in a fast food, cooked and processed world right now. This leads to soft foods in which we can chew a few times and then swallow. Raw foods needs to be chewed up very very good because the cell walls are made out of cellulose. Our bodies do not create cellulase so our bodies cannot break those cell walls down. The only way is to mechanically break these foods down, thus chewing well. Once those walls are broken (you obviously can't break 100% of the walls in your food down), inside those walls the enzyme, cellulase, live. So when you chew it up well, you will have cellulase in your stomach to help break down the food so your body doesn't have to do all of the work. Much of the acid reflux/heart burn issues these days is due to food not being broken down and rotting in our intestines, which that rotting gives off gases which leads to heart burn.

And Nico, I'd like to hear why you can not eat raw foods. You claim you can't but never said why. I've never heard of anyone that can't other than those that are on bad medications in which the healing affects of the food will bring the body closer to homeostasis and then the drugs are "amplified". If that's the case, then the patient needs to talk to their physician about changing the medication dosage up.

And I don't think you read my posts very well Nico. I stated that weight is only a symptom. There are many people that have gone on a 51+% raw diet and have gained weight, bringing them in a healthy range (increased muscle mass). I even know someone who went as far as eating raw grass fed beef with his raw diet and went from a puny sick guy to a buff healthy, alive feeling guy.

I'd like to hear your science to weightloss as you seem to be ignoring all the science out there about raw foods. I really would as I don't think you have much science backing your claims up. What's this science? Less carbs? You mention carbs about juicing. I've not mentioned juicing at all, I've mentioned blending aka green smoothies, which keeps all the fiber in it and the blending is what mechanically breaks those cellulose walls down (if you have a high end blender that is), releasing all the enzymes and access to almost all of the nutrients in the food you are consuming in the smoothie. Is it the carbs you wanted to talk about? You do know that the raw greens, veggies and fruits have elements in them that promote a healthy endocrine system? One in which will turn your body into a factory that uses fat for it's energy (fat yields 3-4x as much ATP as glucose, which is what carbs break down into). When you eat these foods, it turns on your fat burning hormones and your muscle growing hormones. Hmm...that sounds healthy, especially with how you described health. Are you not accounting for the endocrine system and the liver in your "science"? If not, you really should be. Raw diets work on healing the inside. The side effect of a raw diet is a healthy weight, whether that's a little heavy or not.

Maybe your science is the low carb diets. Yeah, you can lose weight when you force your body to burn fat instead of carbs. But there are ways to do that without going low carbs and restricting your greens, veggies, and fruits, which I've already mentioned above with the endocrine system. And hell, if you go on a low carb, high protein/fat diet and you have a gallbladder problem...look out, you'll be in for some pain which would lead to increased cortisol which leads to increased fat storage. Everything I'm posting and have stated can come straight out of a physiology book. So for you to claim my science is flawed, you are saying that the physiology books that all health care professionals use in school is flawed. Yeah...ok. Where did you get your health degree from? I'd like to know so I can avoid others that have also gone there.

You seem to feel like you would be alienated. I'd like to see what you mean here. I've been on a raw food diet for nearly a month and have not felt alienated one bit. I know I'm doing this for my health and will not feel bad if I turn down someone's processed, wheat infested, dairy filled food. I know what is happening when I put the raw food in my mouth. I'm promoting health, not sickness. If I know I'm going somewhere that won't have food I can eat, I'll bring something along with me. What I prepare tastes great and much of the time people will try to let me give them more of what I have. My diet isn't boring and I don't feel bad for not choosing to eat food that makes the body stray from homeostasis.

And to compare me to someone who told you to just drink lemonade and not eat is quite disrespectful. That has no science backing it up. I've looking into one very similar back in the day but it just didn't make sense. It was water with lemon and honey, and you were suppose to fast for a week or 2. Maybe longer, I don't remember because I knew it was shizzle. What I'm suggesting is not a short term thing so you can go back to eating that food that got your to your state of illness in the first place. I'm talking about a lifestyle change. I really don't see how you can compare me to some idiot doctor who really didn't research or know what he/she was talking about when suggesting that. You just wanted to send a few jabs my way, which definitely looks to me like a troll post. You claim a few things and have nothing "scientific" to back it up. I look forward to hearing your "science".
__________________
Make more money
Increase traffic
  #25  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Namorat Namorat is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Admin Experience: Beginner
Posts: 3,229
Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
Default
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catchin..._Made_Us_Human

"Wrangham points out that humans are highly evolved for eating cooked food and cannot maintain reproductive fitness with raw food."

I think that book has some points...
  #26  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM
TheChiro's Avatar
TheChiro TheChiro is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Admin Experience: Advanced
Location: My site
Posts: 718
TheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud of
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catchin..._Made_Us_Human

"Wrangham points out that humans are highly evolved for eating cooked food and cannot maintain reproductive fitness with raw food."

I think that book has some points...
That's totally opposite of what I've read, researched, and felt first hand for myself. Plus evolution doesn't occur as fast as he seems to have claimed.
__________________
Make more money
Increase traffic

Last edited by TheChiro; 05-06-2012 at 07:25 PM..
  #27  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Namorat Namorat is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Admin Experience: Beginner
Posts: 3,229
Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChiro View Post
That's totally opposite of what I've read, researched, and felt first hand for myself.
Well, you certainly have more knowledge and experience with this than I, because all I know is from that book. I certainly never tried to live on raw food.
But from reading, his studies make sense to me
  #28  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
TheChiro's Avatar
TheChiro TheChiro is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Admin Experience: Advanced
Location: My site
Posts: 718
TheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud of
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Well, you certainly have more knowledge and experience with this than I, because all I know is from that book. I certainly never tried to live on raw food.
But from reading, his studies make sense to me
Evolution doesn't occur that fast. I don't know the contents of the book so I really can't say anything about it, but what he is claiming doesn't make sense to me as you care cooking off the enzymes that occur in the food. With all the cooked food and processed food that removes enzymes (because it decreases shelf life), it makes more sense to me to include foods high in enzymes than to include those without any enzymes.

Check out a documentary Hungry For Change. It's pretty cool and interesting. I've read tons of health books, articles, research, listened to seminars, etc. there is a lot out there that doesn't make sense to me but may make sense to others. Do whatever makes more sense to you when you've explored all sides.
__________________
Make more money
Increase traffic
  #29  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Namorat Namorat is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Admin Experience: Beginner
Posts: 3,229
Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
Default
Basically the book doesn't say much about the diet aspect of raw food and not directly about health too perhaps, but about the ability to extract enzymes and such from food, which he says his studies shows to be a lot easier from cooked food. Furthermore cooked food is easier to digest and adds the energy to your body faster. You get the energy itself faster, you spend less time eating it and your body uses less energy to digest...
But the you in this case is the first human being and maybe I confuse stuff and forgot facts since I read it some time ago.
  #30  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
TheChiro's Avatar
TheChiro TheChiro is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Admin Experience: Advanced
Location: My site
Posts: 718
TheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud of
Default
Hmm...I may have to pick it up just to gain knowledge about it and see if any of it makes sense. Also, I don't eat 100% raw, but I try to eat over 50% raw. Once I started doing this, I've felt better than I ever have. I use to need energy drinks and now I haven't had one since I started drinking green smoothies.

Since we've been used to cooking our foods all these years, the only thing I can attribute to the changes in my health would be incorporating more raw foods. In fact, I recently had a friend give me a treatment and things that were constantly showing up in the examination no longer showed up. This really leads me to believe that my health changes are directly connected to raw foods.
__________________
Make more money
Increase traffic
  #31  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 AM
DTPGaming DTPGaming is offline
TAZ Rookie
 
Real Name: ????
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
DTPGaming is on a distinguished road
Default
take it easy brother...get well...
  #32  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
NicoMoon NicoMoon is offline
TAZ Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
NicoMoon has a spectacular aura about
Default
Chiro, I wrote a long and detailed post in response to yours in which you basically argue that I must be wrong because I don't quote science so I must be a troll, but it went poof when I tried to post. But really what I have to say is pretty simple.

The fact is that you are here under the banner of a professional health care provider, and you have provided zero science to substantiate anything you've said. Yet you have the nerve to demand that I do so in order to question or dispute your assertions. How do you figure that one out, I'm wondering?

I am well aware that there is a big movement among chiropractors to find ways to enhance your income by setting yourselves up as "experts" via the "credential" of some seminar that is provided to you by some other chiropractor or person of similarly limited training. Naturally, all of you are going to try to jump on the "weight loss" bandwagon, because as we all know, it's a multi-billion dollar industry. And it is that, because none of you actually have a valid plan to address this issue effectively and without doing potential serious damage.

If you have any science behind your claims, it's your responsibility and obligation as one who is making assertions as a professional to provide citations of peer-reviewed studies by known experts. Chiropractors are not known experts at anything other than cracking backs. You know that, as well as I do.

You are not a medical doctor, you're not even a naturopath. You have no business making the kinds of claims that you do and then to top it off, dismiss valid questions and observations by calling me a troll.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I give you a little leeway, given that as I noted previously, people who eat weird diets tend to behave and think in weird ways.

Food is a drug, it effects our moods and perspectives, sometimes even more profoundly than pharmaceuticals do. My advice to you is to modify your diet to address the personality issues you're experiencing that cause you to believe you are above being questioned or doubted before setting yourself up as a healer.

Physician heal thyself.
__________________
Livewire.FM........pithy, passionate, provocative discussions.....www.Livewire.FM
  #33  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
NicoMoon NicoMoon is offline
TAZ Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
NicoMoon has a spectacular aura about
Default
What it takes for a chiropractor to become an "Internal Health Specialist"

2 hours of class time discussing the specialty itself.

4 hours of class time actually discussing the human body

4 hours of class time learning how to read test results (and I would suspect, how to sell products and services to correct any issues raised by said test results.)

2 hours of class time reviewing and testing.

Wow. Now that's what I call science!

Spare us the "experts".

http://www.logan.edu/alumni-donor/po...lth-specialist
__________________
Livewire.FM........pithy, passionate, provocative discussions.....www.Livewire.FM
  #34  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
TheChiro's Avatar
TheChiro TheChiro is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Admin Experience: Advanced
Location: My site
Posts: 718
TheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud of
Default
Nico,
Your claims are filled with ignorance at its best...although I don't know if it's stupidity or ignorance (The intrinsic difference is that ignorance simply implies lack of awareness about something, while stupidity denotes the inability of a person to understand something due to insufficient intelligence, thus leading to the misinterpretation of a fact). IHS is a certificate on TOP of our DC degree. Do you know what it takes to be a chiropractor? We aren't just experts at "cracking backs" as you so stupidly put. Tell me how, what we learn in IHS, is not science? Test results = the same tests that are run by the medical profession. To top that off, many of us actually outsource to local hospitals to get the test results, yielding us with 0 income from that. And these requirements you listed seem quite low tbh. That's for EACH seminar...although, I think that may even be wrong. I forget how many classes you need for the certification since I went through it a while ago, but it composes of 6-8 (this number I am unclear, but it's at least 6) weekend courses that take up the whole day on each day (not to mention independent review and practicals where we can ask questions and get clarifications on Friday evenings). You may think that is short, but the requirements to get into the course are built upon the classes we've already taken the last 2+ years, and are the same courses your precious medical doctors take in which you hold so highly. You may want to review the course load at Logan and compare it to the typical course load to become an MD. We take more hours in many aspects than MD's do (view chart below), yet you seem to think they are the ones that are the experts over us. They barely understand normal physiology, let alone getting people back to homeostasis.

While yes, we do make money on supplements. As do MD's make money on DRUGS that kill nearly 300 people a day. That's just the drugs that are taken and followed 100% by prescription. That doesn't account for the off-prescriptions or even those that abuse the prescription drugs. Supplements have been recorded to kill 4 people in the last 20-30 years. Not to mention big pharma is trying to get their greedy paws on supplements now, turning them into drugs and adulterating the nutrient (that tells you there is something to what we sell since they can't even get the desired effects with drugs as we do with supplements). So spare me the "MD's are experts, chiro's don't even come close to the expertise of them". I've proven that wrong to my patients time and time again. I've helped heal people who went the medical route...hell, one did it for as long as 30+ years and it took me 3 treatments for her to be nearly 100% better and a much better quality of life (yeah, she couldn't walk with her friends anymore, was taking tylenol every day to ward off the pain, had bad digestive issues...the list can go on and that is just one of my patients among many I've helped just like that). The only thing in my eyes that MD's are good for are trauma and keeping you from dying. They know how to keep you from dying but most don't know how to make you healthy. This is why we work well together...they keep your loved ones alive and we come in and give them a better quality of life and to sustain that until their time comes if they desire.

To top that off, I am a DC and here is a quick glimpse at the bare minimum the credit board gives for each school for someone to get a DC degree. And Logan being one of the top schools, in which I attended, they go above and beyond many of those levels, especially that of Physiology (so again, this is the bare minimum):

So, you were saying...chiropractors are inferior? You have your skewed beliefs, but just like religion, you have 0 facts and only going off of your bias and unproven claims. When you look a little close, it takes at least 90 credit hours to be able to be accepted into chiro school. To top that off, the lowest amount of credit hours we serve is 27 for each trimester (and that was only for the 1st tri). The average was more like 33. So tell me, 33 times 3x/year = nearly 100 credit hours for a single year. And then there is the extra certificates that I decided to go for outside of the school requirements, which adds up to another 500+ hour courses. While you may think MD's are smart, they are very good at writing prescriptions and are usually good at labeling diseases (I've run into many unintelligent ones who couldn't even get a diagnoses right...pharyngitis was their diagnoses when it was pneumonia...c'mon...not even close). We have almost twice the amount of credit hours in diagnosis than they do. So again, your claims are empty and very false and have no back up to your claims.

My diet is just fine and my way of thinking has nothing to do with eating wrong or being wrong. I've been living my life like this and you scrutinize me without giving any sort of background on yourself to even come close to attempting to validate your false claims. Not to mention me proving you wrong every step of the way already. You probably didn't even read my last post which is why you made the stupid claim that I have no substance to my claims. You need research?! C'mon, I'm going to assume you are no where close to even being a health care professional because if you are and you do the research, you should KNOW that every research has an equal and opposite to it. What actually matters in REAL life is clinical cases and experiences. These provide real life results that research can't. I mean, how many times have you read "x is good to take for y" and then months, sometimes years later they say "we were wrong, x causes y; or x doesn't help for y". Not to mention all the pharma researches out there....that are falsified (do some research, you'll find many big name companies have gone to court due to falsified data, not to mention when they get pulled from the rack after killing tons of people even though the fda passed it...bc they were paid to pass it...this "medical field" you are so dear about has many bones and monsters in their closet every step of the way). People that don't know any better want research. Me? I want what works best and is most effective and research rarely provides that in the health field.

Did you know that the "founder of medicine" actually did a lot of what chiropractors do? In the ancient books, you'll find that he even created his own decompression table. Hell, he even documented that when he would "pop a bone back into 'place'" that people would be healed of their ailments. And then there is the ancient chinese documents showing that they've been doing chiropractic for thousands of years. It's lasted this long because it works (same with acupuncture). I could care less if you are skeptic. Most of the skeptics I run into usually have never had chiropractic treatments, and the few I've managed to get on the table, they got up off the table after the treatment knowing it works. These were people with previous diagnoses that they thought they needed surgery on and now they have found out that they don't because they feel nearly 100% better. This doesn't just pertain to what I've seen, but what millions of chiropractors and patients have seen since the modernization of chiropractic (I could only imagine how many more it would be if we included the numbers since the dawn of chiropractic treatments thousands of years ago).

I know you are upset, it's quite obvious. You decide to go and attack me and my credentials without even answering my question as to where your "science" is. Hell, you don't even let me know what your credentials are. You think that just because another chiropractor teaches IHS, that it makes it invalid. I'm sorry, but Dr. Loomis is one of the top, if not THE top, Physiology professional out there when it comes to digestion. I know how much you adore MD's so it should be known that Howard Loomis, DC based his treatments on the theoretical work of Edward Howell, MD. Dr. Loomis isn't some nut job trying to make a quick buck. He's been around for ages and gives back to the chiropractic community. He's been a very generous man and provides these programs at a very reasonable cost unlike many other professional seminar programs out there. Maybe you ought to look up some of his work and articles to get a better understanding as to how intelligent this guy is and how much he actually knows. You are so far off the base thinking we don't know much about health, nutrition, etc. So far.

I see no basis to your empty claims. You've yet to even provide a lick of evidence or "science" to your "diet is a science and your's [mine] isn't science" crap. At least I've gone through and told you about various hormones and affects on the body that food has. It's not my job to hand feed you (I don't hand feed people who treat me like crap and try to make me look bad), I even told you what I was saying could be found in your typical physiology book and in many specialized physiology books. But I guess you don't own any...

I know you aren't taking my word for any of this but you don't seem to even have the know-how to go and do a lil research yourself. Just look up the power of supplemental digestive enzymes. Look at why raw foods are more powerful because of the enzymes and because they are living foods. Look up in the medical literature that is everywhere about vitamin deficiencies causing known diseases (Magnesium has been linked to heart arrhythmias and other heart problems, high blood pressure, and things I've personally seen are headaches, menstrual cramping, muscles being tight, can't get to sleep at night, etc. and that's just 1 vitamin example so if you fix that deficiency, what do you think happens? Let me guess, your answer would be nothing despite the science right in front of you...).

You really don't understand what Chiropractors do. The media and medical fraternity have painted a bad picture about us. We won a law suit against the AMA due to their slander and libel. Tell me, if the lies you were told by these people were correct, wouldn't they have won? Instead, we did, because they were all lies. We are getting more and more research which should tickle your fancy...not mine however. See, the thing about people and nervous systems is, not 2 people are a like. If I adjust L2 on one person, that can fix x and while I do that on another person, it will fix y. It doesn't make sense but that's life and chiropractic. Technology hasn't caught up to what we do and we don't even have the money to really get the research we want, like with fMRI. We have 1 study with fMRI that showed a single adjustment changed the brain of a depressed person in a way that a depression drug did. And what we do is much safer and easier, and in the long run, costs much less. What we do is attempt to bring the body back to homeostasis, improve the nervous system, and let the body do the healing. Our bodies are self-healing. Sometimes they just need a nudge in the right direction (adjustment, acupuncture, supplements, R&R, etc), and that's what we provide.

So you have your beliefs and I have my facts and experiences. Maybe one day you'll actually run into a good chiropractor that convinces you to get on a table and your whole world about chiropractic is shattered. And if you have gone to one and you didn't like it, just know that not every chiropractor is the same. Just like surgeons and MD's, there are good ones and bad ones. Chiropractic has over 100 different techniques within our profession in which each evaluates and treats the body differently so while you may not have liked one or gotten the results you wanted with one, there are 99+ other techniques out there.

Just like anything, chiropractic isn't 100%, but I like to think it's much higher than conventional medicine for a lot of what they try to treat. You can pick apart that sentence since it's written as an opinion, I wrote it that way since I haven't looked up the percentages of each for each and every condition...I'm just going by experience from myself, experience from my peers, and experience from my mentors. You have a lot to learn and I guarantee your biased beliefs will be shattered when you read a little.

Now that I'm done with that...how about answering that question about how your "science" is far superior than that of the material I've read and researched?


PS. While I can see some chiro's jumping on the bandwagon with weightloss, I'm not talking about a weightloss program in this thread. If you would actually READ what I've been writing, even though I know it's a lot and people only want to read things that can fit in a twitter feed these days, you would see I have been talking about weight being a side effect. The raw diet I suggest (at least 51% raw), is to improve the internal system. When you heal the body from within , it will show on the outside, and yes that means it can show as weight loss, and in some, weight gain because they are able to build and maintain muscle. By providing the body with enzymes (that can only be found in raw foods...cooking kills it), it helps the body to digest the food, absorb the nutrients into the food, utilize those nutrients, and then eliminate the waste products. Without those 4 things, which you get from enzymes, you are declining in health. Enzymes are essential, and by cooking your foods, you are losing that essential product that helps promote health. It just seems you have been posting without actually reading anything I've written to you.
__________________
Make more money
Increase traffic
  #35  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Judge Dredd is offline
Tazmanian
 
Real Name: Dustin
Join Date: Apr 2011
Admin Experience: Intermediate
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,064
Judge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud of
Default
Please try to keep your responses as friendly as possible. If something posted is offensive, report it and we'll take care of it.

Thanks!
  #36  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
complexity complexity is offline
TAZ Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 16
complexity is on a distinguished road
Default
Sorry to hear this man, I'm glad you're doing better. Health is more important than websites.
  #37  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 PM
NicoMoon NicoMoon is offline
TAZ Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
NicoMoon has a spectacular aura about
Default
Chiro, I think your name calling really says it all. The "stupid and ignorant" defense really says more about you than it ever could about me.

I repeat my assertion that you are not qualified to act as a nutritionist or a physician.

I am quite familiar with chiropractic training, as it happens, and I've been adjusted countless times, so your assertions on this issue are just as inaccurate and frivolous as everything else you have to say. You just make it up as you go along.
__________________
Livewire.FM........pithy, passionate, provocative discussions.....www.Livewire.FM
  #38  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Namorat Namorat is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Admin Experience: Beginner
Posts: 3,229
Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoMoon View Post
I repeat my assertion that you are not qualified to act as a nutritionist or a physician.

I am quite familiar with chiropractic training, as it happens, and I've been adjusted countless times, so your assertions on this issue are just as inaccurate and frivolous as everything else you have to say. You just make it up as you go along.
I think Chiro is right in his assumption that claims like yours are not valuable of you don't back up what you post.
Since I am not an expert on this, I would really like to read the "credentials". How are you familiar with chiropractic training? How is Chiro's data regarding the hours he had to spent on certain stuff wrong for example?
  #39  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
TheChiro's Avatar
TheChiro TheChiro is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Admin Experience: Advanced
Location: My site
Posts: 718
TheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud ofTheChiro has much to be proud of
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoMoon View Post
Chiro, I think your name calling really says it all. The "stupid and ignorant" defense really says more about you than it ever could about me.

I repeat my assertion that you are not qualified to act as a nutritionist or a physician.

I am quite familiar with chiropractic training, as it happens, and I've been adjusted countless times, so your assertions on this issue are just as inaccurate and frivolous as everything else you have to say. You just make it up as you go along
.
I don't think I need to say much more to you as this post proves my point I've made. You likely didn't even read all of my posts entirely. I bring up ignorance and stupidity as many people don't know the difference. You can copy and paste it in to google and it can be found where I took it from.

I'm very qualified to discuss and recommend nutritional, supplemental, and dietary changes. So again, I'd like to see where you think I'm not. The hours show that I have plenty of hours in nutrition, I set straight the lies about IHS you made with the hours (which is a digestive physiology course based around enzymes but not entirely about enzymes but also about diets based on blood work, urinalysis, hair, and stress points), not to mention my technique I use to treat people is deeply involved with nutrition and "diet". I can tell when someone's gone off their "eating well" path by my examination and diagnoses. They will lie saying they were on it yet I find things saying otherwise...and then they will confess "but I only had 1 slice of chocolate cake".

Honestly, I don't care if you don't want to look at the facts and change your mindset. THAT tells more about you than it does about me. I think my first sentence in the previous post rings true here and tells me what kind of person I'm dealing with.

It's nice to see that you didn't consider anything I wrote. Good thing however, I received rep from my post thanking me for the information provided and even received a PM about it. I love helping people and am very passionate about it. But I can't help you until you face the facts.

And I don't believe your last sentence. If you've had the care from a good chiropractor that knows his stuff (I can recommend a few to you if you'd like so you know exactly what a chiropractor can really do), then you wouldn't be having this conversation with me or trying to knock my profession. While your chiropractor may only believe in relieving pain in the back and extremities, there are many of us that believe in whole health and the ability to change the body to the point where it can get to it's most optimal health. I'm sorry you feel we are crooks, I really am. It's too bad but not my loss. I'll continue with getting chiropractic care and giving it as well. Anyone that is willing to get help, I'm going to be there to help them.
__________________
Make more money
Increase traffic

Last edited by TheChiro; 05-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: grammar
  #40  
Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
cpvr's Avatar
cpvr cpvr is offline
Tazmanian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Admin Experience: Guru
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 24
Posts: 3,792
cpvr is a name known to allcpvr is a name known to allcpvr is a name known to allcpvr is a name known to allcpvr is a name known to all
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwatcher View Post
I am a over wight guy and I have had swelling in my legs for over 2+ years now. And while I was in the doctors office I scraped my leg. Well the scrape started weeping right away and ended up turning into the huge I do me huge infected sore.

It got so bad that they said if it got any worse I was going to be admitted to the hospital. To make a long story short it took awhile but my leg healed and now I have to use a $6,800 vascular pump on them 3 times a day for a hour each time for the rest of my life.

In the process of going through treatment for the wound, I got really depressed and deleted my websites even though they were paid in full for a year. But now that my legs are doing better I am going to make a new website and get out there and shed some of this weight off while working on the website.

Greg
Dang, I'm so sorry to hear that bro. I hope all gets better for you soon.
__________________
I run a virtual pets forum. Discuss sim games - Find me on Twitter @cpvr
Closed Thread

  Admin Zone Forums > TAZ Community Zone > Chit Chat





Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Normal people scare me sometimes. Brad Chit Chat 22 11-03-2010 10:43 PM
E - health Yogahoneybunny Community Reviews 2 10-08-2007 02:55 PM


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.16332102 seconds with 15 queries
The Admin Zone copyright 2003-2014 All Rights Reserved. Content published on The Admin Zone requires permission for reprint.