View Poll Results: How many licenses did you buy?
1 License 21 65.63%
2 Licenses 3 9.38%
3 License 2 6.25%
4 License 0 0%
5 or more License 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Admin

Admin Experience: Advanced
TrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsuck View Post
What? Forums were never originally intended to be social networks. XenForo is the closest thing to a social network than any other software.
Whether it was intended or not really doesn't matter. Fact is that most forum software has been evolving into something more social network like.

The real content of forums are discussions, and the delivery method of online discussions has always been changing. First there were Bulletin Board Systems, then threaded discussion boards, then forums and now we're beginning to get into an age of social networking/content management/forum hybrids or whatever you want to call them.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Judge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
Whether it was intended or not really doesn't matter. Fact is that most forum software has been evolving into something more social network like.

The real content of forums are discussions, and the delivery method of online discussions has always been changing. First there were Bulletin Board Systems, then threaded discussion boards, then forums and now we're beginning to get into an age of social networking/content management/forum hybrids or whatever you want to call them.
Well the reason I said that is because the quoted user said that XenForo is producing software of which defines what forums "should be."
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Passionate admin

dojo is a name known to alldojo is a name known to alldojo is a name known to alldojo is a name known to alldojo is a name known to alldojo is a name known to all
I have one license since February 1st. Started a forum/blog admin forum. Liked the script so much that my new orthodontics forums uses it. So right now I have 2. If I'll convert my VBs, would have a bigger number
Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 AM
TAZ Regular

Clickfinity is a jewel in the rough
I have 5 at the moment with plans to buy more.

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > XenForo