Chit Chat Drop In Here To Discuss Whatever You Want.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 PM
paypal+

Admin Experience: Advanced
Noles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to all
Default Guild Wars 2
I don't think I've ever been so excited for a game! I've been a WoW player for about 6 years total off and on and have a few top level characters. I stopped playing for good a year ago and haven't really been buying or playing any games other than Halo.

I tried the first Guild Wars but didn't really like it and just preferred WoW to it, so I didn't bother with it. However, Guild Wars 2, from literally every video and review I've seen, has nothing but positive things to say about it and it's extreme innovation.

The first video I saw that peaked my interest was the comparison to WoW:

Then 20 reasons to buy Guild Wars 2:

There's tons more out there about the game and it's still in beta! I went ahead and pre-purchased the game and am going to be taking part in the beta weekend which most people will be allowed in to. I can't wait...
Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Community Architect

Admin Experience: Intermediate
taylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to all
I share your excitement. Been away from MMORPGs for quite some time. No appeal to me. However, GW2 may be the title that draws me back to the genre. I've been receiving updates from the folks running my Guild Wars 2 portal. Sounds pretty amazing.
Facebook|Linkedin
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 AM
shiny happy pantless

gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
My Clan's been hot for this game since it was first announced, and we're all driving into the beta this weekend! Noles, u got clan or friends to play with?

gogo
Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
TAZ Rookie

TDB has a spectacular aura about
I. Can't. Wait.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM
paypal+

Noles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblender View Post
My Clan's been hot for this game since it was first announced, and we're all driving into the beta this weekend! Noles, u got clan or friends to play with?

gogo
Absolutely! Most people in my community play SWTOR but a few are going to be in the beta and I'm sure once the game comes out nearly everyone will get it since it's only $60 unlike 90% of other MMO's.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
TAZ Regular

Katana00 is on a distinguished road
Is it also better than Tera?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Community Architect

taylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to alltaylor_smith is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana00 View Post
Is it also better than Tera?
Don't have an answer, but I can offer that their respective game engines were developed around the same time. TERA uses Unreal Engine 3, first released in 2006. GW2 uses a heavily modified version of AreaNet's in-house engine, which was first released in 2005.
Facebook|Linkedin
Old 04-26-2012, 08:03 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor_smith View Post
Don't have an answer, but I can offer that their respective game engines were developed around the same time. TERA uses Unreal Engine 3, first released in 2006. GW2 uses a heavily modified version of AreaNet's in-house engine, which was first released in 2005.
The PVP and exp sound better than Tera. And if you can use dual guns and look like Vash the Stampede I would love Guild Wars 2 a lot ;p
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
paypal+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor_smith View Post
Even if the game looked bad, which it clearly doesn't, games for me are about quality of gameplay not quality of graphics. I turn down my graphic settings anyway because I like to have the best possible gameplay (and my iMac can only handle so much).

Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Community Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles View Post
Even if the game looked bad, which it clearly doesn't, games for me are about quality of gameplay not quality of graphics. I turn down my graphic settings anyway because I like to have the best possible gameplay (and my iMac can only handle so much).

Likewise, but I think that the engine has a lot to do with the feel of the game, not just the graphics.
Facebook|Linkedin
Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 AM
TAZ Regular

01Aaron is on a distinguished road
Guild Wars is really a good game.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Beginner
Soulwatcher is a name known to allSoulwatcher is a name known to allSoulwatcher is a name known to allSoulwatcher is a name known to allSoulwatcher is a name known to all
I am done with mmorpgs if your not careful they will suck the life out of you.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
shiny happy pantless

gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwatcher View Post
I am done with mmorpgs if your not careful they will suck the life out of you.
I hear you. It's the main reason why I still have never subscribed to an online game yet. I know it's not much of a difference than buying, but for me, it feels like I'm not having some vampire taking out my life force every month.

This has been one of the biggest draws for me regarding Guild Wars... no monthly, just additions...yeah it may work out to the same thing...just feels different but good for me.

gogo
Old 04-27-2012, 11:43 PM
TAZ Regular

How was the beta everyone?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 PM
paypal+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana00 View Post
How was the beta everyone?
Still got Sunday but I've enjoyed it a lot!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles View Post
Still got Sunday but I've enjoyed it a lot!
Good
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 AM
paypal+

Of course... my Windows 7 has stopped working and I have to literally reinstall the operating system from scratch. Which means I've got to download the client again which will take at least 10 hours. I'm pissed.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 AM
shiny happy pantless

Just got off of beta with my clan, played a few hours... my eyes are red and bulgy but I'm so happy.

It's a good game

gogo
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 AM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblender View Post
Just got off of beta with my clan, played a few hours... my eyes are red and bulgy but I'm so happy.

It's a good game

gogo
Better than Tera? :P
Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 AM
shiny happy pantless

Never played Tera

gogo

Admin Zone Forums > TAZ Community Zone > Chit Chat