Finance and Traffic Learn the secrets of SEO and discuss how to earn revenue from your community.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Tazmanian

damoncloudflare has a spectacular aura about
Post Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkiepie View Post
Ha ha! No problem-o! Everyone derps sometimes. But you guys do more good things than bad things!!! ^_^
Hope so! We have some cool stuff in the works.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
pinkiepie will become famous soon enough
Awesome! ;-) can't wait!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Tazmanian

Hi,

I just wanted to advise that CloudFlare has added two new IP ranges. While we aren't broadcasting over them just yet, I would recommend whitelisting the new additions if you're doing any sort of IP restrictions in your firewall, .htacess, etc.

Our full list of CloudFlare IPs. The new additions to the list are:

190.93.240/20

2803:f800::/32
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Tazmanian

eva2000 is a name known to alleva2000 is a name known to alleva2000 is a name known to alleva2000 is a name known to alleva2000 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by damoncloudflare View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to advise that CloudFlare has added two new IP ranges. While we aren't broadcasting over them just yet, I would recommend whitelisting the new additions if you're doing any sort of IP restrictions in your firewall, .htacess, etc.

Our full list of CloudFlare IPs. The new additions to the list are:

190.93.240/20

2803:f800::/32
thanks for heads up, already updated http://centminmod.com/nginxconfigure/
Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Tazmanian

Post Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
thanks for heads up, already updated http://centminmod.com/nginxconfigure/
You are just too good

Here's how to update mod_cloudflare for Apache users (assume there are a few in this thread).

Note: We will help our hosting providers update this automatically, so no need to update if you signed up through a hosting partner.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Tazmanian

Post CloudFlare updates
Just a quick note that we have built a new app called ScrapeShield that site owners can use to contend with content theft and tracking.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Tazmanian

The new CloudFlare UI is now live. Please let us know if you see any issues with the new UI and/or have any questions.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Tazmanian

Just a gentle reminder that we have started broadcasting over new CloudFlare IPs. We would strongly recommend updating your firewall and server allow rules to make sure that connections from CloudFlare's IPs are accepted by your server to prevent potential access issues for your visitors.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Tazmanian

Just a couple of quick CloudFlare notes:

We now support International Domain Names

CloudFlare is now an option to activate via Dreamhost's panel.

Note: If you're already active on CloudFlare, please do not also activate at a hosting partner's panel option as well (will create issues).
Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
TAZ Regular

dandroid has a spectacular aura about
For what it's worth, I have been using this service for a few months now, so I figured I would post a few observations:
  • Bandwidth wise, it isn't saving me any money. According to my host, I am still using the same amount, sometimes even more now.
  • I absolutely love the fact that I can lock down my server even more now, and only allow traffic from CloudFlare IP addresses.
  • The only major annoyance is that it seems to interfere with form based upload/POST requests (using Joomla & IPB in this case), to the point I had to drop the level of protection to minimal levels, which somewhat defeats the purpose (especially since I am a paying customer).

That said, I decided to keep the service for now, just because this service offers the most bang for the buck, and it really does help protect your server.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Tazmanian

Post Hi,
"[*]Bandwidth wise, it isn't saving me any money. According to my host, I am still using the same amount, sometimes even more now.

(We wouldn't really be doing anything to increase your bandwidth usage. This seems odd).

"[*]I absolutely love the fact that I can lock down my server even more now, and only allow traffic from CloudFlare IP addresses.
(A good step to help limit threats from DDoS attacks. As we do periodically add new IPs, however, I would recommend keeping an eye on CloudFlare's IPs).

Note: I do try to come here to update people when we add new IPs.

[*]The only major annoyance is that it seems to interfere with form based upload/POST requests (using Joomla & IPB in this case), to the point I had to drop the level of protection to minimal levels, which somewhat defeats the purpose (especially since I am a paying customer).[/list]
Interesting. Where is this happening? Does whitelisting the IPs in your threat control panel help?

Note: I would generally recommend excluding the admin section of your site from CloudFlare with a Page Rule.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
TAZ Regular

hi Damon,

I actually did exclude the admin section (page rules are a great feature!), but sometimes, images are still broken. Not as big of a deal yet.

As for the uploads, it happens randomly, to random people. Whitelisting does address the issue, but since it happens to so many people, it's hard to keep up with that, plus most people don't have static IP addresses.

I would love a feature which allows me to debug why a request was blocked (with actual technical data), so I can work on bumping my security settings back up.

Still a happy customer tho!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Tazmanian

Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
hi Damon,

I actually did exclude the admin section (page rules are a great feature!), but sometimes, images are still broken. Not as big of a deal yet.

As for the uploads, it happens randomly, to random people. Whitelisting does address the issue, but since it happens to so many people, it's hard to keep up with that, plus most people don't have static IP addresses.

I would love a feature which allows me to debug why a request was blocked (with actual technical data), so I can work on bumping my security settings back up.

Still a happy customer tho!
"I actually did exclude the admin section (page rules are a great feature!), but sometimes, images are still broken. Not as big of a deal yet."
Images breaking sounds more like a Rocket Loader issue, if you're doing things with JavaScript or jQuery (seen a lot of lightboxes break with it on, for example). Does turning off Rocket Loader, if on, fix this issue?

"As for the uploads, it happens randomly, to random people. Whitelisting does address the issue, but since it happens to so many people, it's hard to keep up with that, plus most people don't have static IP addresses."
Sounds like the Web Application Firewall. Does this only happen on a certain part of the site, such as something like uploads.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/uploads?

"I would love a feature which allows me to debug why a request was blocked (with actual technical data), so I can work on bumping my security settings back up."
Definitely working on more details
Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
TAZ Regular

It mostly happens when file uploads are involved (although complex POST submissions can trigger it as well). Rocket Loader is disabled.

Also, I forgot to mention, my site is IPv6 enabled thanks to CloudFlare, and I am actually getting registrations via IPv6 connections now, so it definitely matters!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Tazmanian

Post Hi,
"It mostly happens when file uploads are involved (although complex POST submissions can trigger it as well)."

Yes, can be a trigger. We're actually working on building a better Web Application Firewall

"Also, I forgot to mention, my site is IPv6 enabled thanks to CloudFlare, and I am actually getting registrations via IPv6 connections now, so it definitely matters! "
I can't believe how many users don't know about our free IPv6 Gateway. I try to tell folks about it.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Tazmanian

pinkiepie will become famous soon enough
now if we can get the ISPs to catch up!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Tazmanian

Post Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkiepie View Post
now if we can get the ISPs to catch up!
Well....larger organizations tend to move slower than startups like ours
Old 05-05-2012, 01:10 AM
TAZ Rookie

SticKer is on a distinguished road
It's been about a month now since I started using cloudflare. Page load times have improved and from the analytics it seems it has blocked quite a few bad bots, crawlers and visitors and also saved some bandwidth too.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Tazmanian

Post Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SticKer View Post
It's been about a month now since I started using cloudflare. Page load times have improved and from the analytics it seems it has blocked quite a few bad bots, crawlers and visitors and also saved some bandwidth too.
Exactly what we like to hear Have you tried any optional features at all as well (most of them are free)?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Tazmanian

I just wanted to highlight that CloudFlare and OpenDNS have teamed up to help fight the DNSChanger malware.

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic