Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > TAZ Community Zone > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Drop In Here To Discuss Whatever You Want.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
A Free Elf

Admin Experience: Guru
Arris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalize View Post
Just noticed this thread... Didn't read all the replies but will add that I thought it was a GREAT movie! The two+ hours flew by like nothing and I was both touched and entertained.
I agree and vote haters should be banned! Lol jk
Old 03-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Admin Experience: Beginner
PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arris View Post
I agree and vote haters should be banned! Lol jk
You are waaaaay to kind. The haters should be "reformed" bahahahha

Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
TAZ Regular

Katana00 is on a distinguished road
I couldn't stand the love story and the goodie-feeling I got from it. Half of the movie made me feel gay inside. I can't remember most of it anyway. I did like the Goliath looking things that they were using. I think it was my only compliment about the movie when I was asked if I liked it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
TAZ Regular

DeveloperBase has a spectacular aura about
I enjoyed the movie, thought it was great.

Digitize Design
Old 04-19-2012, 02:09 AM
TAZ Rookie

blox is on a distinguished road
I watched in 3D and I liked it.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 AM
TAZ Regular

gackt has a spectacular aura about
I saw the movie in 3d and recently watched on tv it was ok but 3d was fantastic
james did really good job
100 times better than Titanic though I also liked it
Old 04-26-2012, 05:07 AM
TAZ Rookie

TedNiuNiu is on a distinguished road
Anyway, i still like it very much!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Advanced
GalPal is just really niceGalPal is just really nice
Cool
I am a conservative American. I chose not to ever see the Avatar movie because of the underlying message woven in the script of anti-military and anti-American.

Here's a CNN short video:
http://am.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/26/c...anti-religion/

With that being said, on the other hand my family and I are the biggest Science Fiction fans. Can't get enough Star Trek (any generation lol), Star Wars, V Series and the like, virtually anything Sci/Fi with all the special effects!

Because I support our US military and frankly military men and women across the pond and other military groups that protect their country, I couldn't in good conscientious see Avatar. I felt that I would be betraying the very men and women that keep my family, friends and country safe.

I am not any different when it comes to other entertainment media. When I found out about ABC's new show GCB's, I've boycotted ABC and all the sponsors of that show, which includes; JcPenney and Target to name two sponsors.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
A Free Elf

Arris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to beholdArris is a splendid one to behold
Don't you think that's a tad extreme? It's just a movie.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Advanced
GalPal is just really niceGalPal is just really nice
Red Face
Quote:
Don't you think that's a tad extreme? It's just a movie.
Yes I suppose you are right!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
TAZ Regular

Katana00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
I am a conservative American. I chose not to ever see the Avatar movie because of the underlying message woven in the script of anti-military and anti-American.

Here's a CNN short video:
http://am.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/26/c...anti-religion/

With that being said, on the other hand my family and I are the biggest Science Fiction fans. Can't get enough Star Trek (any generation lol), Star Wars, V Series and the like, virtually anything Sci/Fi with all the special effects!

Because I support our US military and frankly military men and women across the pond and other military groups that protect their country, I couldn't in good conscientious see Avatar. I felt that I would be betraying the very men and women that keep my family, friends and country safe.

I am not any different when it comes to other entertainment media. When I found out about ABC's new show GCB's, I've boycotted ABC and all the sponsors of that show, which includes; JcPenney and Target to name two sponsors.
It's just a movie that shows people about mankinds destruction

Because we needed the reminder
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
Wow - I don't know how I managed to miss your post GalPal. But I must say that it is the most absurd thing I think I've ever seen posted in a discussion forum LOL - So here's your award:

The concept behind the Avatar surpasses any mundane rumifications regarding the American military. The underlying message I saw woven throughout the script is all about learning to merge unlike worlds and unlike minds into a conceptual peace, even when the forces that be (or rather the asshats with more capital) are dead set against such a peace. I think of my favorite Sojourner Truth quote when I consider the Avatar concept:

Quote:
If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these together ought to be able to turn it back, and get it right side up again!
"These together" referring Jake Sully & Neytiri ... "Right side up again" obviously occurred when the negative forces where marched off Pandora.

Then considering the actual meaning of "Pandora" (according to Greek mythology) is the very first woman (formed out of clay by the gods) who's referred to as the giver of all things or endowed with everything...

I'm rambling. But yeah... Avatar is much deeper than anti-American Military, you only need to look deeper to gain such appreciation for it I suppose.

J.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 PM
A Free Elf

Lol think we found a fanatic!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Actually - I'm about an hour and a half into Avatar now - I paused immediately so that I can express this thought. Saying Avatar is conceptually an anti-American military propoganda film is valid.

I say such a labeling is more juvenile than valid though, especially when we take into consideration that we're talking about HUGE blue people. lol - okay - I will most certainly enjoy the rest of my film whilst knowing deep in the pit of my heart that I am a patriot

J.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Tazmanian

AzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond reputeAzhriaLilu has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't read the entire thread... 7 pages about avatar is a bit much for me But I enjoyed the film. It was amusing, the cgi wasn't awful. I wasn't interested in the anti-military or any other type of propoganda that might or might not have been in there. I watched it for what it was - a couple of hours entertainment.. and it did the job
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Tazmanian

Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
I started to watch it, but I was bored by it very fast. It is "Pocahontas reloaded" and the look was more nauseating than exciting to me and I assume I have stopped watching just before the cool characters came, because after 20 minutes I haven't seen any.
Furthermore I believe Cameron is one of the most overrated people in the movie business.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

yehehehehe - Stop hating Eden and WOW did I post that above. Must have been a wonderful bunch of cocktails last nite

Old 04-28-2012, 04:20 PM
A Free Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetJC View Post
yehehehehe - Stop hating Eden and WOW did I post that above. Must have been a wonderful bunch of cocktails last nite
Lol all I know is reading that made my night
Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Tazmanian

Namorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond reputeNamorat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Lol all I know is reading that made my night
Jaquii - Known for making your night since...
Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Jaquii - Known for making your night since... the day she popped out of her Mama's verginer eyeballs first
Oh good gawd! It's spelled "v-a-g-i-n-a" ==> AND You should STOP immediately!

Admin Zone Forums > TAZ Community Zone > Chit Chat