Forum SEO Search Engine Optimization Makes Your Forums Irresistable To Spiders! Techniques and Tips For vBulletin SEO, IPB SEO, and phpBB SEO. Increase Your Forum's Search Engine Rankings.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Guerrera is just really niceGuerrera is just really nice
Default I don't get keyword research
Research a keyword. Check search volume, competitiveness, etc. Fine. Restructure page to include keyword sparingly. Fine.

But how on earth do I make a site whose content consists purely of what other people create show up on my intended keywords? The two aren't compatible.

I'm getting incoming keywords for all sort of bizarre and irrelevant crap. How do I home in on my intended keyword?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Tazmanian

Hayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to all
Embrace the long tail keyword traffic you didn't expect. It's a free gift. As for targeting the ones you want, do just that. Make threads centered around your keywords. Post "information" articles focused on your keywords. And on and on...

Oh and you seem to have forgotten the off-page optimization in this short summary (build links- make them look natural by varying the sources and anchors, making sure your primary anchors are in there somewhere).
Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Tazmanian

forumhookers is on a distinguished road
DO some SEO on your required keyword.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM
I buy Big/Small forums

Admin Experience: Beginner
GeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrera View Post
Research a keyword. Check search volume, competitiveness, etc. Fine. Restructure page to include keyword sparingly. Fine.

But how on earth do I make a site whose content consists purely of what other people create show up on my intended keywords? The two aren't compatible.

I'm getting incoming keywords for all sort of bizarre and irrelevant crap. How do I home in on my intended keyword?

Create the content that matches the keywords yourself.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:17 PM
TAZ Rookie

JayWessman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Embrace the long tail keyword traffic you didn't expect. It's a free gift. As for targeting the ones you want, do just that. Make threads centered around your keywords. Post "information" articles focused on your keywords. And on and on...

Oh and you seem to have forgotten the off-page optimization in this short summary (build links- make them look natural by varying the sources and anchors, making sure your primary anchors are in there somewhere).
Yeah as Hayek says - get some quality links from relevant websites with your keywords as the anchor text.

And you might not be able to control what people post on your forum but you can still SEO parts of your site like the header texts, forum images, alt tags etc.

And the longtails are a great thing!

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Forum SEO