Forum SEO Search Engine Optimization Makes Your Forums Irresistable To Spiders! Techniques and Tips For vBulletin SEO, IPB SEO, and phpBB SEO. Increase Your Forum's Search Engine Rankings.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 AM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Intermediate
SeanFace101 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Keyword Practice & Keyword Tools!
I am currently trying to better the SEO for my website.
I used the keyword tool on google adwords to find keywords/phrases that are relevant to my website. After searching several "Exact" keywords relevant to my website, i choose 10 keywords with alot of monthly searches, but not too much as im starting out & i think it will be slightly easier to get better rank in the less used keywords. I also checked the competition on each keyword/phrase & went for low - med competition. I then added these keywords into my website/webpage <head> & then started to build article, blog, forum & web-directory back-links to my website using the keywords/phrases i choose as the anchor text in the backlinks.

This is as much as i have done so far regarding keyword targeting.
Is there anything about what iv done that you would consider wrong?
Is there anything else that i should do to improve what iv done already?
Is there something that im not doing in regards to keyword targeting that i should be doing to help improve my results in the top search engines?

Please comment on this thread with your thoughts as im quite new to the SEO game & will appreciate any help, tips, information, etc.. given to me! Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Tazmanian

Hayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to all
Why are you putting keywords in the <head>? If anything they should be in the title, h1 tags, etc. (only have 1 h1 tag per page).

As far as backlinking, you need to keep it looking natural but still have strong links to your site, especially enlight of the Panda updates.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 PM
TAZ Regular

What about long tail keywords?
Is long tail keywords.. The page having a main keyword/phrase with lots of searches, then 2 more with less searches & then a further 2 with even less searches?
Is that what Long Tail Keywords mean?
Is it best to do that?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Tazmanian

Hayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to allHayek is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFace101 View Post
Is long tail keywords.. The page having a main keyword/phrase with lots of searches, then 2 more with less searches & then a further 2 with even less searches?
Is it best to do that?
Long tail keywords are more specific terms that people might search for. They are usually longer phrases and are easier to rank for but have less traffic volume than "normal" keywords.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
TAZ Regular

TwoPalmTrees is on a distinguished road
If you use the google adwords keyword tool, always make sure you tick the "exact" search box as it is set to "broad" match by default.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
TAZ Regular

Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPalmTrees View Post
If you use the google adwords keyword tool, always make sure you tick the "exact" search box as it is set to "broad" match by default.
Yeah, totally agree
Old 05-21-2012, 08:30 AM
TAZ Rookie

groshanfabiola is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFace101 View Post
Is it best to do that?

A long tail keyword mainly refers to a more specific keyword phrase. In my opinion, long tail keywords are very lucrative and more targeted too. They may not show up in the popular keyword research but they help you get good rankings and targeted traffic. Taking into consideration the fierce competition in the online environment, it is wise to be more specific and give users exactly what they are looking for.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 AM
TAZ Rookie

princeerossen is on a distinguished road
As google changed its algo so as per that you should also change your strategy. you should keep variation in your anchor text. Just dont target anchor text few you selected. Some times try to link your URL, Contextual, click here like that as it will look more like natural

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Forum SEO