Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > The Admin Zone > TAZ News & Information

TAZ News & Information Announcements, News, etc, specific to The Admin Zone.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Intermediate
YouDontSay is on a distinguished road
I'm liking the mobile site y'all!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
WebInk is on a distinguished road
Awesome update! I love Tapatalk!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I STILL Blame EdenRat

Admin Experience: Beginner
Scrubs is a glorious beacon of lightScrubs is a glorious beacon of lightScrubs is a glorious beacon of light
It appears that when people are viewing the site via Tapatalk it says that they're viewing this thread. I've checked numerous times on the many different days and it still says this is all they're doing.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Administrator

The Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to everyone using TapaTalk to access TAZ while mobile. So far it seems to be working out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubsy View Post
It appears that when people are viewing the site via Tapatalk it says that they're viewing this thread. I've checked numerous times on the many different days and it still says this is all they're doing.
Nah, it says they're viewing TAZ via TapaTalk regardless of what they are actually viewing.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
TAZ Regular

01Aaron is on a distinguished road
I think I will start to use it.
Thank you for introducing this.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Offwalker!

GeeOne is a jewel in the rough
Can not see the online section.

What is to set to see it?

G!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:29 AM
Serial Entrepreneur

maksim is a name known to allmaksim is a name known to allmaksim is a name known to allmaksim is a name known to all
I just installed tapatalk on my forum after 2 years of avoiding it. Finally members bugged the crap out of me to install and glad I did. Purchased the app for my android too.

It is far and above better than any mobile skin.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Offwalker!

GeeOne is a jewel in the rough
New version of Tappatalk has come;

http://tapatalk.com/files/plugin/mobiquo_vb40_3_9_4.zip

G!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Administrator

The Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sandman has a reputation beyond repute
I've updated Tapatalk to the latest version. Let me know if there are any issues or comments.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
TAZ Rookie

AshWM is on a distinguished road
Good job Sandman
Old 04-06-2012, 11:04 AM
TAZ Rookie

titanya has a spectacular aura about
Tapatalk is a great addition to forums, however I have one issue with it. If we are, as forum admins, promoting Tapatalk 3rd party software which is then boosting the Tapatalk app sales by the fact that we install it on our forums, then it really should be available in Pro version to the Admins and mods for free.

I think more forum admins would install it if this was the case, as currently you are competing with the VB Mobile Suite and the mobile styles too, which are free for members to use. I'm sure it will boost your forum database if you thought about this.

Just an addition to my original comments : I am not after a freebie, I've already bought Tapatalk for my iPhone. I just thought I'd give the suggestion, as it makes sense marketing-wise to me. The only forum I find on Tepatalk that interests me is my own. I would love there to be many others and I think more admins would make use of Tapatalk if it was free to them.

Glad to hear I can get this one on it now though

Last edited by titanya; 04-06-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 AM
TAZ Regular

DeathFortress has a spectacular aura about
Low battery
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Updated to the latest version. How's it working?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Admin Experience: Beginner
PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introducing... Tapatalk! (Mobile App)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
Updated to the latest version. How's it working?
Working fine. I've only been using Tapatalk for about a week and a half. Hell - I've only had a smartphone since Christmas lol. I love Tapatalk = thanks for the option.

Sent from my Galaxy Proclaim using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM
ético

Wasp is a name known to allWasp is a name known to allWasp is a name known to allWasp is a name known to all
Tapatalk can be very useful.. however be sure not to save anything in the Signature as it will adhere to your posts-without your knowledge.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Real Sugar Certified

Dyonis is a jewel in the rough
If indeed Tapatalk becomes the way of Mobile in the future, I'll consider it.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Tazmanian

Judge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud ofJudge Dredd has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoffee View Post
Tapatalk can be very useful.. however be sure not to save anything in the Signature as it will adhere to your posts-without your knowledge.
You had first-hand knowledge of that when you joined here, remember? :P
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Guru
oldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to all
Tapatalk is pretty decent, but there are still a lot of unresolved issues between the tapatalk devs and the vB devs. I'm not sure tapatalk will ever "follow the rules" and play nice with VBulletin.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tazmanian

esquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud ofesquire has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
Tapatalk is pretty decent, but there are still a lot of unresolved issues between the tapatalk devs and the vB devs. I'm not sure tapatalk will ever "follow the rules" and play nice with VBulletin.
Tapatalk is the best mobile client for forums by far. I've had no problems with it and Tapatalk is responsible for a huge amount of mobile traffic coming to my site. My users come return regularly to my site using Tapatalk so I don't know what issues you're having. Glad to help if I can.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Tazmanian

oldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to alloldsoldier is a name known to all
tapatalk doesn't respect some of the advanced hooks. its a known issue and one not likely to every be resolved. An example would be if you want to force posts to be made using EasyForms in a certain area of your forum. The workaround for that is to either live with it and make allowances for tapatalk users, or block tapatalk access to that area (not a stellar solution).

Admin Zone Forums > The Admin Zone > TAZ News & Information