Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > IPB

IPB Discuss IPS's Invision Power Board.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
pinkiepie will become famous soon enough
Question would this ever be possible on IPB???
from the project manager for my company:

Quote:
I want to create a comunity with support/dating elements, because of it I would like to see something like a small questionnaire with intrests, which new member will fill, when he/she will register at the web-site and I also would like to see query engine in wich people will be find other people who have common interests. Is it possible in IPB? And also I would like to see other then English languges in site engine like Russian, Spanish, French, German ect. Is multi language engine possible in IPB?

Several minutes later. And I also would like to see an ability to create of groups, blogs (microblogs), galeries and personal micropages (profiles) with walls at the web-site. And I would like to see an ability to add a news at the main page of the web-site? And main page must to open at the language of member (I saw this function at the some international web-sites. I suppose it works via determining the IP of the country) of the web-site. Is same things possible in IPB?
would IPB ever have this? or should I pick up more of a CRM type application? Our forum has IPB on it and me and him are moderators there and we want to create a better version of the site we currently operate with better features (I will NOT disclose the URL in this forum ever so please do not ask)

Thanks very much for the help everyone!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM
paypal+

Admin Experience: Advanced
Noles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to all
I think something like what you're looking for is possible.

"small questionnaire with intrests" - This can be done using custom profile fields.

"Is multi language engine possible in IPB?" - Yeah you can download other languages.

"And I also would like to see an ability to create of groups, blogs (microblogs), galeries and personal micropages (profiles) with walls at the web-site." - This is all builr in already, just make sure you've bought IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, etc.

"And I would like to see an ability to add a news at the main page of the web-site?" - Like what exactly? On a front page kind of like a portal, or on top of the board index? Both is possible and easy.

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > IPB