Servers and Hosting Server Issues - Shared, Virtual, and Dedicated Hosting Options.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:22 PM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Beginner
Adventurer is a jewel in the rough
Default EPP Code among other things.
Firstly a brief outline. I have very little computing knowledge, maybe just enough to get myself and my computer into trouble. I've decided to start a new online forum based on vBulletin software, so have undergone a steep learning curve via this forum and a few others in relation to forum setups etc..

A domain (name) has been purchased, and it looks like URLJet is going to get the job for hosting.

This is where I've run into trouble. To transfer the domain to URLJet I need the EPP code for the domain. I've gone into my domain information page however no EPP code is listed. There is however a Roid code, and also codes for admin ID, owner ID, billing ID and Tech ID.

Which, if any of the above is the EPP code?

Sorry to make my first post on the forum a question, but up to date all my questions have been answered with the use of the search option.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Tazmanian

bucket is a name known to allbucket is a name known to allbucket is a name known to allbucket is a name known to all
what company is the domain with now?

typically, only the nameservers need to be changed when starting with a new webhost.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 AM
TAZ Regular

Excuse the terminology if it's wrong, but the domain was registered through webcity, but when you click on the domain name now it opens on a parking page by Enetica Instant Domains.

Not sure how all this works, but I'd like to have everything under the one roof if possible. If that makes sense.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Mutt Man

Admin Experience: Advanced
Lycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond reputeLycaon has a reputation beyond repute
Have a look and see if there's an option on the lines of unlock domain for transfer, if so that should get the code for you.

However I think the domain needs to be registered for at least 90 days before it can be transferred but I'm not 100% sure on that, I could be wrong.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
TAZ Regular

I didn't end up finding the EPP code or any information on it for the domain. I did however get into a modify screen for the domain and changed the nameserver info to direct any traffic in the right direction. I hope this will do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 PM
just david(:

Admin Experience: Advanced
SageStone is just really niceSageStone is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnaDo View Post
I didn't end up finding the EPP code or any information on it for the domain. I did however get into a modify screen for the domain and changed the nameserver info to direct any traffic in the right direction. I hope this will do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Changing the nameservers will get the job done - once you've gotten past the "locked" time period, you can still transfer it to your hosting company. I was going to say 60 days, but Doctor's estimate of 90 days is probably the right one. If, after the 60-90 days, you still can't get the EPP code, I'd give the registrar a call or put in a support ticket.

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Managing an Online Community > Servers and Hosting