IPB Discuss IPS's Invision Power Board.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Tazmanian

NerdForum is just really niceNerdForum is just really nice
Default Portal questions
Hello everyone. I'm using the portal plugin for 3.2.3 and I have a few questions.

First of all, I'd like to make the portal my home page. How would I go about doing this?

Secondly, is there a way to only make specific posts show on it, instead of just the last x amount from different categories? I'd really like to only show the good, article like, informative posts on it.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Intermediate
svenkill is on a distinguished road
I would also like to know how to make the portal my homepage. The only workaround I've found so far is to change in general settings the home button to link to my portal app. I may just have to change my URL address to direct to my portal page.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:31 PM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Advanced
asphixiations is on a distinguished road
Ya from the ipb admin control panel I think there is the option to edit all the portal settings. If you cant find it just use the search option in ipb admin.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
TAZ Rookie

asphixiations is on a distinguished road
I have not used ipb in a while so if that doesnt work you might have to do it thru ipbs config file which I think is located in the uploads folder.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
paypal+

Noles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to all
What portal are you using, the one that comes with IPB? To make it your homepage copy the URL of the portal page, then go to your Admincp > System Settings > System > General Configuration then paste the URL into "Website address" and the "Website name" will be the link to your portal. So make the website name Home or Portal or something like that.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Tazmanian

NerdForum is just really niceNerdForum is just really nice
Just to be clear, IPB no longer comes with a portal, I am using the community maintained extension of it.

Now I need to know how to only have specific posts show up on the portal, any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
paypal+

Noles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to allNoles is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdForum View Post
Just to be clear, IPB no longer comes with a portal, I am using the community maintained extension of it.

Now I need to know how to only have specific posts show up on the portal, any suggestions?
I don't think you can choose which posts (you mean topics right?) specifically can be shown. What I would recommend is creating a new forum and have the topics you want on the portal copied to that forum so you can choose what people see.

Admin Zone Forums > The Software Zone > Forum Software > IPB