Increasing Traffic Promotional Techniques To Fill Up Those Member Lists.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Staxalicious

Admin Experience: Advanced
Staxed is just really niceStaxed is just really nice
Default Alternatives to aWeber?
Greetings,

In my efforts to launch my new community, I'd like to get an email marketting list setup (mainly for newsletter purposes) before I start getting members so I can integrate it with my forum.

I have been looking at aWeber for a long time, and never really considered other options, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any other recommendations or heard of other systems like aWeber that have good reviews?

I'd love to hear your experiences.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Think before you speak

Admin Experience: Guru
Adam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant future
I use Get response for my email list building a mass mailing for forum newsletters etc.

Best thing is that you can use it for free for a time period to which will allow you to get to grips with it before deciding to purchase it.
The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Cool Guy on Taz

fattony69 is a glorious beacon of lightfattony69 is a glorious beacon of lightfattony69 is a glorious beacon of light
Mailchimp is free for the first 500 subscribers.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Staxalicious

Staxed is just really niceStaxed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattony69 View Post
Mailchimp is free for the first 500 subscribers.
but can't be used for affiliate marketing, so won't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam H View Post
I use Get response for my email list building a mass mailing for forum newsletters etc.

Best thing is that you can use it for free for a time period to which will allow you to get to grips with it before deciding to purchase it.
have any pros/cons about it? Personal experiences?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Think before you speak

Admin Experience: Guru
Adam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant futureAdam H has a brilliant future
To be honest its the first one that i used and ive never had any reason to look at other providers, it does exactly what it says on the tin, Easy interface to use too which makes it alot easier but as i say i have nothing to really compare it to in terms of its competition so im afraid i wont be much help apart from saying give the free trial a go and see what you think.
The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 PM
TAZ Rookie

Breakpoint is on a distinguished road
Is it easy to import my whole members list into the application? I have over 112,000 members I would like to send a newsletter to.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Tazmanian

MarkR is a name known to allMarkR is a name known to allMarkR is a name known to allMarkR is a name known to all
I use http://www.campaigner.com and it's worked well for me so far.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:22 AM
geospatially inclined

64North is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
Is it easy to import my whole members list into the application? I have over 112,000 members I would like to send a newsletter to.
http://www.constantcontact.com may be what you are looking for.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Tazmanian

MarkR is a name known to allMarkR is a name known to allMarkR is a name known to allMarkR is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64North View Post
http://www.constantcontact.com may be what you are looking for.
According to their prices:

10,000 - 25,000 is $150.00 / month

Whereas Campaigner.com is:

25,000 is $120.00 / month

Seems like ConstantContact is pretty expensive. I don't even want to know what they charge at a 100,000+ contact volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
Just my thought on it, you should probably contact the major companies and get a quote for 75,000 - 100,000 contacts and compare quotes. In my experience with massive mailing lists, you may have 100,000+ email addresses, but chances are at least 10% of those are hard bounces (probably more). What I would suggest you do is get a quote for 75,000 contacts. Send a newsletter to the first 75,000 contacts, delete hard bounces and unsubscribes, this should free up a lot of room on your list. With that room, refill your list to the cap, do it again, and repeat this process until all your members are on your list. I'm 100% positive that you would be wasting your money paying for a 100,000+ capacity account.

One trick I do to clean my list on Campaigner.com is execute their filters which identifies users who haven't opened the newsletter in the last 6 months. I delete those users because they are taking up much needed space and not even opening my newsletter. I'm sure regardless the provider you go with, they will also have similar filtering options. And after you have had over 6 months of newsletters, I'd strongly urge you to do the same, this will also help you free up more slots.

Last edited by MarkR; 05-24-2011 at 02:50 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
TAZ Rookie

benny18 is on a distinguished road
I'm using 1shopping cart because it has affiliate software - the works.

Mailchimp is free for the first 500 subscribers but i find it does not have the autoresponder function which is crucial if you are building an email list.

You can only send out messages so no automation. The paid version of mailchimp has this function - clever marketing by the mailchimp guys.

I've used aweber which is very good. However i stopped using them for 1 month and lost all my email contacts - i didn't know i had to back it all up

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Increasing Traffic