Thread: vBSEO
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Miss Thick_Jacq

Admin Experience: Beginner
PoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond reputePoetJC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
That being said, if you know enough about SEO and have the time to work at it, you may also be able to optimize your forum without spending the $200.
Actually the cost of vBSEO license is $149... And yes - One might save the $149 cost of vBSEO - but will have to invest much personal time via implementing SEO & link-building strategies, which IMO is not for the faint of heart and/or the hobbiest Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashgear View Post
I'm interested in buying vBseo for my new design forum, but not sure if it will have a good affect on it, are there any specific forums that vBseo will not help?
vBSEO is definitely worth the price. It's an excellent software and the best software available in optimizing your vBulletin for SEO - I'd recommend it 99% of the time - the 1% of time I wouldn't recommend it is if you have a forum with a large amount of private forums. Some people do make the mistake of installing vBSEO when most of their forums are not open to the public, but rather, to members only.

That defeats the purpose, as the concept behind vBSEO is to allow a greater targetting/indexing of your content by search engines. Search engines view your forum as guests. So imagine you have 30 subforums and 29 of them are private. The search engines would see only 1 forum. The indexing of only one viewable forum -- unless it's an article forum or some such with tons of relevant content and many posts -- would generally be useless.

Anyway - it's a good software - I highly recommend it. Also - if you're looking at the vB 4.0 rewrites and thinking, "No need for vBSEO. vBulletin 4.0 already does all that vBSEO does..." Check out the vBSEO feature comparison Matrix

Let me know if interested and I can have you click on my affiliate link when you purchase :P hahahaha

HTH,

Jacquii.